Author Topic: PIN Recovery  (Read 30691 times)

chrisp9au

PIN Recovery
« on: April 08, 2013, 12:11:07 PM »
I have been running Avast Mobile Security on my Nexus 7 for a couple of months without any problems.
Today, I cannot access Avast because it is demanding a PIN to be entered.
I cannot access the settings because it demands a PIN number.
I cannot uninstall in of my other apps, because Avast demands a PIN to be entered.
I have read the responses provided in this forum to other members experiencing this problem.
No definitive answer has been provided to resolve this issue.

I do not have a PIN number.
I have not provided a phone number.
The PIN '0000' does not work.
There is no provision to set a PIN or provide a phone number.
I have not set anti theft, and have no wish to.

Please give me a clear answer to resolve this problem.

Thank you

Chris

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: PIN Recovery
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 12:38:30 PM »
Hi,

you should still be able to uninstall Mobile Security via your Google Play app.

Filip

chrisp9au

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 12:43:14 PM »
Thanks Filip,

Solved it another way, Force Stop on Avast, then uninstall.
Never to be re-installed, I don't like having my device behavior dictated by you or anyone else!

Bye

Chris

anoyzz

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 05:14:13 PM »
hello...
how can i set the recovery phone number in the setting?i cannot find the phone..

i also go to avast portal and i also cannot find where i can setting recovery phone number..

i already uninstall n install for many time but it keep asking the pin number....i cant enter the avast setting also..thanks

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 05:17:42 PM »
Hi,

if you can't access the app because of the PIN, you can't set the recovery number. But if you have access to avast! Account with your device (and you have Anti-Theft installed), you can change the PIN there so you can access the apps.

Filip

harwood1968

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 07:32:03 PM »
Hi there, you say "if you have access to avast account" you can change your PIN, but where/what do you mean by that?!

I have Avast on my Nexus 7 and the PIN works but on my HTC One X+ it doesn't?? I can't enter a PIN, and same one as Nexus 7 doesn't work??

Any ideas?? :-/

ClaudiaUCastedo

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 09:08:43 PM »
Filip I have acces to the Avast Account, but there It does not  appear the device.

I re started my phone several times, and once I had the chance for sending a temporal PIN to another phone number (a friend nuymber?), but this new an temporary PIN is un usefull, I canĀ“t make any change.

Claudia

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 10:04:12 AM »
Hi,

are we talking about Mobile Security or Anti-Theft here?

Filip

snowowl.legend

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013, 09:42:11 PM »
I were stuck on this issue for couple of month, describe as follow:

1. I got same PIN problem, that I didn't set a PIN, and then when I want to change my setting, it blocks me out, and keeping ask me for PIN, enter 0000 is not working, so how can I get into the setting page under this circumstance??

2. I activate Anti-Theft before I set a PIN, as mentioned above, I didn't set PIN at all, and because the needed of my work, I change a SIM card, then  disaster happen, it sent a bunch of SMS, and cost me a lot of money, I try to remove avast Mobile Security and Anti-Theft, but every time I reboot my device, it sent SMS again, I follow your FAQ to check how to solve this problem, but none of any way worked,  I didn't found Anti-Theft in Application Menu, I didn't found it in 'Device admin', I didn't found it anywhere, I follow FAQ and login in to avast Portal, and can't figure out how to use that to solve my problem, and guess what? I delete my device pair data accidentally, so tell me now, how can I fix this?

I don't want to lost my money every time I need to change SIM card, I don't want to recover PIN to makes avast running normally, I just want to know, how to wipe out all the avast module on my device, and don't tell me to follow any FAQ steps, I checked it all, none of them worked, just give me a clearly, completely, step by step procedure, to let me know how to remove Anti-Theft that hidden so deeply.

reinhardholzner

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2013, 12:23:51 PM »
>> I activate Anti-Theft before I set a PIN, as mentioned above, I didn't set PIN at all <<

you for sure set a PIN because Anti-Theft cannot be enabled without changing the PIN!

Offline Kenrobbo

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2013, 06:06:53 AM »

"you for sure set a PIN because Anti-Theft cannot be enabled without changing the PIN!"

I installed Avast anti theft on my Samsung Galaxy SII approx 6 months ago and remember having difficulty with the pin and recovery telephone no. So just gave up and went about business as usual.

Bought Samsung Galaxy S4  and had to have the Simm Card details swapped to a Micro/Mini Simm card which made the original full size Simm Card in the SII obsolete.   All is good at this point as the S4 is working like magic.

Decided to replace Simm Card in the SII today and all hell breaks loose re the Avast Anti-theft App. Phone locks and flashs, Audio screamin this phone has been stolen and requesting the Avast Pin number.

Nothing shows up on any email address that I have which indicates that I didn't manage  to fully install the app .  None of the pin numbers I use exclusively work including the default 0000.  Which again indicates the mother wasn't fully installed.  Checked my Avast account and it only has my PC registered.

Soooooo!  how do I fix this problem and/or remove the Avast App.

Offline Kenrobbo

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2013, 07:56:29 AM »
Have fixed the problem via revolutionary and innovative technique.  No further help sought.

snowowl.legend

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2013, 12:36:25 PM »
>>you for sure set a PIN because Anti-Theft cannot be enabled without changing the PIN!<<

Okay, but still not solve my problem, how can I retrive my PIN? I read in FAQ tells there is PIN Recovery Tool, but where is it? I had remove and re-install once maybe twice (different version), is it possible to recover my old PIN?

Or, is there anyway that I can completely remove Anti-Theft that no need to recovery PIN, so I don't worry need to pay SMS fee when I change SIM Card?
I am now change back to my original SIM card, so it won't send SMS, but as I mentioned before, my work need to change SIM card frequently, so Anti-Theft would causes me to pay a lot of SMS fee.

ejohn2317

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2013, 05:23:41 PM »
I was sent this from tech support.
was able to reinstall with new info.

Mobile Security and Anti-Theft don't send the avast! PIN to our servers and there is no master key for security reasons. Many customers remembered their PIN with the information, that it's 4-6 digits, only numbers.
If the device is already locked, proceed to Solution 2.
If you still have access to the device, proceed with Solution 1.

Solution 1:
You can try to uninstall. Be aware that the PIN is only reset if you uninstall avast! Mobile Security AND Anti-Theft.

To unistall avast! just follow steps below (note that if you have set avast! Anti-theft as a device admin then uninstallation will not work for Anti-theft):

- Open 'Settings' from All Apps screen in your Android phone.

- Select the option 'Applications', then 'Manage Applications'.

- Select the option with disguise-name (custom application name) you chose for avast! Anti-Theft during the installation process.

- On the next screen 'Uninstall' and then 'OK' to confirm uninstallation of disguised avast! Anti-Theft.

- Once the uninstallation of avast! Anti-Theft is complete select 'OK' to get back to Manage Applications screen.

- Select the option 'avast! Mobile Security'.

On the next screen 'Uninstall' and then 'OK' to confirm unistallation of disguised avast! Anti-Theft.

Once the uninstallation of avast! Free Mobile Security is complete select 'OK' to get back to Manage Applications screen.

Solution 2:

Boot your phone into Safe Mode. The Safe Mode is a mode, where downloaded and installed apps aren't executed in the system. That's why the phone won't lock.
Since booting into safe mode works different on most phones, I can only recommend a google search like "safe mode <your device>".  On my device I have to turn
off the device, turn it back on and press the menu button repeatedly during the startup animation.
Once you're in Safe Mode, follow Solution 1.
Hint: if the device is locked, you need to press the on/off button for 10-20 seconds to turn off the device.

If you don't manage to get into Safe Mode, all I can recommend is to hard reset your device.
Google how to do this: "hard reset <your device>"

for further information you can also consult our manual available at:
http://files.avast.com/files/documentation/mobile-security-user-guide-en.pdf
it will help you understand the basics of the software.
give it a try - it's short and easy to understand.

You could find a lot of info and solutions in the FAQ:
http://www.avast.com/FAQ/AVKB66

Best regards,

grfxguy

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2013, 10:21:14 AM »
Just found a very easy way to uninstall Anti-Theft.

• Locate your device and look under Anti-Theft to find the disguise-name.
  • On your phone, download and install Gemini App Manager.
  • Open Gemini App Manager and long press on your disguise-name app. Select uninstall from the pop-up.
  • The next window will tell you that the app has Device Admin enabled...AND give you the option to disable it. Do so by unchecking the box.

Now you will be able to uninstall Anti-Theft.
I'm guessing that this would be effective on any phone as long as it wasn't locked.