Author Topic: ** Introducing ** - pre-release version of upcoming avast update (4.6.635)  (Read 64088 times)

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Hi guys & gals, here we go again. After two weeks of v4.6.623, some new bugs have been found and an update is coming soon. It's my pleasure to announce the public availability of a pre-release version of this update. Please use it especially if you're having any kind of problems with the existing build (4.6.623). Your feedback is essential to us.

How to install it: simply download and run the following program: http://files.avast.com/files/beta/aswbeta.exe . That's about all it takes.

The fixes in this release include
- some more ZoneAlarm-privacy-control-related problems
- WebShield-related freezes on startup (resulting in no web access until WebShield is restarted)
- improved scanning of archives (including handling of corrupted archives)
and other.

Of course, this version also includes the ashWebSv patch that was floating around this forum recently.

Please make sure to post your respective comments about this release either directly to this thread or (even better) by starting a new one.

Vlk
« Last Edit: March 25, 2005, 05:23:30 PM by Vlk »
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
Thanks Vlk, you guys are working just like bees. Every single day when I think, this is it... no more surprises, Alwil overdo itself again and again.

Keep up good programming guys and...

Thanks for everything !!!

Sasha
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Thanks, downloading it now.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Got it loaded it tested it with ZAPro and I can now have privacy cookies at high and ad blocking at medium with no problems.  Although I now realise that I didn't need those functions anyhow  :P  cheers guys your the best

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Vlk, stange, for me I receive error that I don't have the rights to update  ::)

Code: [Select]
25.03.2005 18:18:45 registry: ERROR!:Cannot access registry HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\avastTestService, error code: 0x00000002
25.03.2005 18:18:45 general: Err:Not enough user rights to continue.

Of course, I'm the Administrator here... Well, I thought I were  ;D
The best things in life are free.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
    • ALWIL Software
Is this a message from the avast updater?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Is this a message from the avast updater?

Yes... running ashBeta.exe, allowing to connect the Internet through the firewall, few seconds after I receive this error message.
Copy & paste the last part of it...

Faith

I already found an error a completely substantial, where does not avast any longer reacted!!! At the attitude update details.... one can pressure the Button detail, but then it hangs itself up avast completely erbaermlich and can be only shot because that program does not let close any longer. That should be changed as soon as possible!

second error found!!! The HTTP scanner does not function!!! I placed these on "highly", but does not react, to nothing. As if would be turned off. Must be fixed as soon as possible!!!

well great third error, leaves itself avast any longer does not deinstallieren.... hey people that kanns to be!!!  >:(
« Last Edit: March 26, 2005, 01:06:32 PM by igor »

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Faith, please, try to cool down a little.

What exactly do you press? What operating system do you have? How did you find out that it doesn't work?
Regarding the first question - didn't some additional window open in background, without switching focus, for example?

Faith

the details Button in the attitudes does not function, if one wants to know the Update's detail, concerning PushUpdates! If I click this detail Button, freezes avast totally and it can be adjusted to nothing more, away-clicked geschweige. One can only shoot it, over the task manager and ms is pleased again about senseless error messages. I have Win XP SP2

furthermore should insert please a Deinstallationsroutine to it!

still which is, however now not because of the beta. The HTTP scanner reacted with jpegs with the new FF 1,02 no more, tested cannot with http://www.nod32.de/news/article.php?article_file=1096665127.txt
« Last Edit: March 26, 2005, 01:07:22 PM by igor »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
still which is, however now not because of the beta. The HTTP scanner reacted with jpegs with the new FF 1,02 no more, tested cannot with http://www.nod32.de/news/article.php?article_file=1096665127.txt

It worked fine for me web shield alerted me to the jpeg exploit.

You might want to bookmark this link http://babelfish.altavista.com/, I used it to translate the nod32.de page. It may help you give more information on your problem.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
Well, Faith cool down a little bit dude. I haven't noticed even one single problem you mentioned up there... so no need for all those exclamation points. Better tell us how many other antiviruses you have installed and running in the same time on your system...  ;)
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

Faith

Well, Faith cool down a little bit dude. I haven't noticed even one single problem you mentioned up there... so no need for all those exclamation points. Better tell us how many other antiviruses you have installed and running in the same time on your system...  ;)

I only avast! on my computer run, otherwise nothing.

It worked fine for me web shield alerted me to the jpeg exploit.

You might want to bookmark this link http://babelfish.altavista.com/, I used it to translate the nod32.de page. It may help you give more information on your problem.

Hello David, this message comes with me unfortunately not, but only down at the task border that avast! which found, those are red long lines, more not.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2005, 01:04:51 PM by igor »

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
    • ALWIL Software
Faith,

1. What about the eicar test file, does it trigger an alert?

2. What firewall are you using?

PS. It would be very nice if you could always post one article only (maybe editing it if you forgot to say something) - the way you're doing it now, the thread grows and is much harder to read.

Thanks, :)
Vlk

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Vlk, surprise, my installation does not upgrade to 635  :o  :o
I'm receiving the same error for user rights and after boot, the same 623  :'(
Can I manually change my servers.dat file?
I promisse I did nothing, I'm not guilty  ;D