Author Topic: Reimage Repair "MSIL:Crypt-NB [Trj]"  (Read 4039 times)

brawlman

Reimage Repair "MSIL:Crypt-NB [Trj]"
« on: May 07, 2013, 08:35:45 PM »
"Moved to chest" as a "Trojan Horse blocked"
This is a reputable program and has been working and repairing my system for some time. I've already reported this as a "false positive". Seems this is the second "False positive" Avast free antivirus has reported and about to jump ship if these keep happening...

steddyeddy

Re: Reimage Repair "MSIL:Crypt-NB [Trj]"
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 09:16:27 PM »
Me too - it has stopped my NetObjectsFusion programme working just as I needed to update our local community radio station site and now I need to reinstall NetObjects. Has wasted my entire afternoon. As to make matters worse you have to keep reloading the cartcha thing below to find one you can actually read

JeffCecchini

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 09:17:24 PM »
avast! just identified a 3rd party component (ChilkatDotNet4.dll) that a recently installed piece of software uses  (that was working fine yesterday) as being a MSIL:Crypt-NB[Trj] Developer of software is contacting Chilkat to be sure but thinks that this is a false positive.

brawlman

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 08:34:59 PM »
I've noticed that Avast! corrected this issue in an update after I submitted a "false positive" report, as the "Virus Chest" now lists the virus as "--no virus--". Hoping this works out for the two of you, if you haven't already submitted a "false positive"?
Now to see if I can reinstall a Android app that had the similar issue and see if they fix this as well?