Author Topic: False Phishing and Alwil Email Box Full  (Read 5649 times)

DCS

False Phishing and Alwil Email Box Full
« on: May 08, 2013, 11:05:16 PM »
I have the Avast Suite, and every time I purchase something from amazon.com it is marked as "Phishing" and moved to Outlooks Junk eMail Box.  I added it to my Whitelist, it still ends up there. If I try and report it I get this message:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at mailshell.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<dev80-alwil-false.positive@dev80.mailshell.com>:
MessageID  <00ee01ce4c2e$b0354210$109fc630$@net>, XJUNK1 0
user.215933.fp_unprocessed: Over quota
<false.positive@alwil.mailshell.com> is over quota.

--- Below this line is a copy of the message.

Can someone fix your reporting email address, and how do I fix this so it is not marked as "Phishing".

KennyPlumber

Re: False Phishing and Alwil Email Box Full
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 09:08:12 AM »
I've reported this mail box full issue also. No response from support. At least the could do is tell us how to disable the reporting until they clear out their mailbox.

Offline petr_matrix

• Avast team
  • avast! programmer
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 11:15:09 AM »
Hi guys,
I'll check it, but some logs would be helpful.
Can you help me? I would need to:
- enable debug logging (open gui/settings/maintenance/check debug logging) and restart outlook
- recieve some email which results in phishing
- send me asoutext.log (usually at C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\log\asoutext.log)
- optionaly: send me bad marked email

Thanks,
Petr

Offline petr_matrix

• Avast team
  • avast! programmer
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 12:56:22 PM »
One more thing. Can you write me which outlook version at which operating system are you using?

Thanks,
pm

KennyPlumber

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 05:20:22 PM »
It doesn't appear to be an Outlook issue or anything else other than simply the mailbox that Avast has set up to process the reporting of the bad Phishing is full:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at mailshell.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<dev80-alwil-missed.spam@dev80.mailshell.com>:
MessageID  <001801ce4cc4$0e502f00$2af08d00$@gmail.com>, XJUNK1 0
user.215933.missed_unprocessed: Over quota <missed.spam@alwil.mailshell.com> is over quota.

They need to clear the box or TELL US HOW TO TURN OFF THE REPORTING.  This must be stored in the registry somewhere or other file. I don't see a setting in the maintenance control panel.

Offline petr_matrix

• Avast team
  • avast! programmer
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 05:29:09 PM »
I know it, but I would like to resolve the cause of this behavior.
Furthermore, this option should be disabled by default. Can you enable debug logging, restart Outlook, send me log and then you can disable it in antispam shield option (settings / at the bottom of page).

pm

DCS

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 05:59:24 PM »
Hi guys,
I'll check it, but some logs would be helpful.
Can you help me? I would need to:
- enable debug logging (open gui/settings/maintenance/check debug logging) and restart outlook
- recieve some email which results in phishing
- send me asoutext.log (usually at C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\log\asoutext.log)
- optionaly: send me bad marked email

Thanks,
Petr

The Windows version is Windows 7 SP1 (6.1.7601 SP 1 Build 7601), and MS Outlook is Outlook 2007 SP3,  (12.0.6662.5000).   I will need to buy something from Amazon to replicate the issue.  I will look for something cheap to buy lol and have logging on when I do it.

KennyPlumber

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2013, 08:56:09 PM »
Furthermore, this option should be disabled by default. Can you enable debug logging, restart Outlook, send me log and then you can disable it in antispam shield option (settings / at the bottom of page).

pm
The CAUSE is that their mailbox is FULL.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 08:57:52 PM by KennyPlumber »

DCS

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2013, 09:16:50 PM »

pm
The CAUSE is that their mailbox is FULL.

There are 3 issues here. 

Issue #1 - Clear out your mailbox or increase the quota.  I have a feeling the reason it is full is probably because of the issue with Amazon emails marked as Phishing by Avast version 8.

Issue #2 - Why is it marked Phishing?    I can't believe you have amazon.com as a phishing email. In Avast version 7 it didn't, it does when you upgrade to 8.

Issue #3 - I have added amazon to the safe senders list, but everytime I order something it still marks the order confirmation as Phishing.  How do I fix that?

DCS

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2013, 06:53:13 AM »
Unfortunately I ordered something from Amazon, and of course didn't turn on debugging. The problem persists with it marking all purchases from Amazon.com as Phishing, the mailbox is still full, and the popup clearly states the reason you want the data is to analyze it and resolve the problem. I take it nothing gets analyzed or resolved since no one can send you an email with the data.  From reading the forums I am not the only one having this issue, nor is it just a few of us. This started when I went to version 8, so something changed in your filtering.

urstrinath

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2013, 08:07:00 AM »
i followed the 3 issues but still its not resolved please help....

Steven1953

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2013, 04:07:17 PM »
Has this been resolved by tech support at avast? All my Amazon.com emails go to Junk mail and are marked PHISHING. Very frustrating. I have unchecked the Enable Phishing filter in settings but that didn't fix the problem.