Author Topic: windows 7 64bit stuck on starting windows  (Read 4130 times)

sarahsmets

windows 7 64bit stuck on starting windows
« on: June 15, 2013, 07:07:36 PM »
I have had this problem since friday, i built my new pc and transfered my old SSD.
After installing the drivers and rebooting it ran stuck on starting windows. i could not repair or do anything so i reinstalled. It worked fine for a little while then after installing everything and rebooting quite a few times, it ran stuck again at the exact same time. Since then i had the same senario for about 3 times (reinstalled windows 3 times). I then decided to install to my old HDD worked fine again for a while, then run stuck again. When booting to safe mode it runs stuck after loading Aswrvrt.sys. What i did find is that when i reinstalled to the hdd or connect the ssd to my brothers pc, i could go into the ssd no problem, just not boot from it.

Anyone got any idea how i can fix this? i am kinda desperate right now.

Johnny4745

Re: windows 7 64bit stuck on starting windows
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 07:48:08 PM »
I have had this problem since friday, i built my new pc and transfered my old SSD.
After installing the drivers and rebooting it ran stuck on starting windows. i could not repair or do anything so i reinstalled. It worked fine for a little while then after installing everything and rebooting quite a few times, it ran stuck again at the exact same time. Since then i had the same senario for about 3 times (reinstalled windows 3 times). I then decided to install to my old HDD worked fine again for a while, then run stuck again. When booting to safe mode it runs stuck after loading Aswrvrt.sys. What i did find is that when i reinstalled to the hdd or connect the ssd to my brothers pc, i could go into the ssd no problem, just not boot from it.

Anyone got any idea how i can fix this? i am kinda desperate right now.

I would run the Memory Diagnostic Tool in Administrative Tools, in Control Panel,

Did you replace the RAM.  Did you make sure it's seated good?

sarahsmets

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 07:56:42 PM »
I can't boot so i cannot run diagnostic tool. Yes it has new ram which are seated well. I do not believe it is hardware related as my pc worked fine for a few runs after new hardware was installed.

sarahsmets

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 08:00:41 PM »
i have made a scan as was asked in other posts with the same last load in safe mode.  added it in attachment, hopefully this will help.

Johnny4745

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 08:25:36 PM »
i have made a scan as was asked in other posts with the same last load in safe mode.  added it in attachment, hopefully this will help.

I did notice this in the log:

==================== BCD ================================
The boot configuration data store could not be opened.
The requested system device cannot be found.

Check out this link at Microsoft:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927392

You said, after rebuilding your computer, you transferred the old hard drive to the new computer, and it hung up while booting.  So you reinstalled again.

Does this mean you did a clean install of Windows?

You said, then after installing everything it stuck again.

This sounds to me like one or more of the programs you are installing is causing the problem.

I would do another clean install, and then add the programs one at a time, and reboot each time,

sarahsmets

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2013, 08:29:02 PM »
Yes i did a clean install every time, installing 1 driver at a time is ok. But does that count for windows updates aswell? cause when i start installing those after clean install its about 200+ updates. though after last reboot i only installed nvidia experiance and a few windows updates.

Johnny4745

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2013, 08:55:42 PM »
Yes i did a clean install every time, installing 1 driver at a time is ok. But does that count for windows updates aswell? cause when i start installing those after clean install its about 200+ updates. though after last reboot i only installed nvidia experiance and a few windows updates.

Microsoft has put out a few bad updates, and one of them caused the same problem you have.

This is the one:  KB2823324

I would go to Windows Update in Control panel and change the way updates are downloaded and installed.

I would choose, download updates, but let me decide which ones to install.

I would think Microsoft would have removed the bad ones by now, but you never know.

sarahsmets

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2013, 08:17:34 AM »
somehow i got my hdd restored to a previous point. So that one is working again for now, its either a microsoft update or magicdisc. i'm rebooting my ssd now and installing everything again except magic disc and i'll see how that goes.