Author Topic: anyone getting ad.yieldmanager.com detection all over?  (Read 5788 times)

xvisto

anyone getting ad.yieldmanager.com detection all over?
« on: July 01, 2013, 08:27:20 PM »
I'm getting a malware notification on many different sites (yahoo.com included) and they all reference ad.yieldmanager.com.  Is this false positive with latest update?  I did scan my computer with malwarebytes and superantispyware with no findings.

snakekilla12

Re: anyone getting ad.yieldmanager.com detection all over?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 10:01:16 PM »
I keep getting that on firefox and not on google chrome. hmmm.

nancybc

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 01:02:25 AM »
I have the same thing and have looked at the logs to download.As a basic user they are too complex for me to follow and feel safe.Is there any other solution other than uninstalling avast and replacing it with another anti-virus program? All my scans come up clean and the malicious notice only comes up on my yahoo home page and mail page.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 01:09:28 AM »
.Is there any other solution other than uninstalling avast and replacing it with another anti-virus program?
yes....have some paitient and wait for it to be fixed
or are you are going to switch AV everytime there is a FP.   ::)

ElderGeek

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 03:23:44 AM »

I realize you weren't talking to me, and I'm not threatening to remove
Avast from 80+ workstations here at work, but I've got 80 people
I support here that are calling me every time they open up Yahoo or
click on any story link on Yahoo. It generates anywhere from 1 to 5 alerts,
and they of course call me thinking they have a virus.

The one silver lining is for some reason I'm not getting an email from
SOA on every hit like I usually do for web browsing alerts.. that's a good
thing in my case, since I'd have thousands by now if it were doing it  :D

judylee3333

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 03:53:27 AM »
getting it tonight on everything....looks to me like they are pushing google chrome again and for you to pay for avast upgrade

eulandas

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 05:25:44 AM »
I getting it on a number of things too but mostly Yahoo email and I've spent all afternoon trying to get rid of it.  I've deleted the file from my cookies and blocked it as I've seen on some instructions of removal but it's not working.    I have even tried to download a virus removal tool but on scan it couldn't find a virus.  Looking forward to an answer.   :)

xvisto

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2013, 06:52:58 PM »
.Is there any other solution other than uninstalling avast and replacing it with another anti-virus program?
or are you are going to switch AV everytime there is a FP.   ::)

A little more information about my situation and a question as a newbie... This malware blocked notice with ad.yieldmanager.com happened on both chrome and IE 8 (i'm on XP still).  In limited testing, basially same sites (yahoo.com included) on certain ads being shown.  I checked another computer (home vs. work) and that was fine for the same sites.  So, I figured that something was wrong with my computer rather than avast.  Fast forward, I ended up doing a restore and whole bunch of stuff.  Restore effort produced the same issue with avast so at that point I started to think maybe there's something wrong with avast on this particular computer.

I'm still not sure whether I have a virus on my computer or there's something happened with avast.

So, my question for anyone who's gone through this more than I have, how do I determine that?

I also really wish that there's a easy way to go back to previous virus definition or version ( remember there was one program update last year or so that was giving FP on windows files that caused quite a bit of issue for many folks).

thanks.

techlike99

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2013, 09:33:07 PM »
How about opting-out from this network for now? I'm sure Avast team will fix this issue very soon, there's no need to replace your antivirus guys.

http://ad.yieldmanager.com/opt-out

wyrmrider

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2013, 01:12:13 AM »
ad.yeildmanager is blocked by my hosts file