Author Topic: After virus scan  (Read 3631 times)

punkinboop

After virus scan
« on: April 28, 2005, 09:36:37 PM »
I had a Trogen and it is deleted but when I do a scan there are files that could not be scanned. Why not? and what does this mean? I also have a program in my system where the virus was and tried to uninstall the program but cannot. The program is called FunWebProducts. That is the way it is spelled, with all the words running together. Is this a problem? ???
Could use some help here.
                                Barbara/Babs

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
    • Don't Surf in the Nude!
     Bambleweeny 57 sub-meson brain     Don't Surf in the Nude Blog

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: After virus scan
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 10:11:51 PM »
I had a Trogen and it is deleted but when I do a scan there are files that could not be scanned. Why not? and what does this mean?
It tells you why not, password protected file, encrypted, etc. extend the column width to see the full text.

As it says the file couldn't be scanned, not that it is infected. There are many legitimate reasons that a file can't be scanned. Perhaps if you can give some examples, the reason why the file wasn't scanned and the location (on your HDD) of the file.

Yes FunWebProducts would appear to generate spyware/adware a google search for FunWebProducts returns many hits, one for the FunWebProducts.com web site and how to uninstall (http://www.funwebproducts.com/uninstall.html), how succesfull this will be I don't know as you say you tried.

If you haven't already got this software, download, install, update and run it.
1. Ad-Aware
2. Spybot Search and Destroy
3. Spywareblaster
4. Download HijackThis.zip
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security