Author Topic: New skin is coming (Silhouette_4in1)...  (Read 123414 times)

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
Re: New skin is coming...
« Reply #150 on: May 05, 2005, 06:27:00 PM »
OK, I sent you new fixed version of Silhouette_3in1 skin . Please let me know when it's uploaded instead of the old one, so I can re-enable that link...

Thanks in advance !
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #151 on: May 05, 2005, 06:38:24 PM »
Ok,i have uploaded your new version.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #152 on: May 05, 2005, 06:40:07 PM »
Thanks buddy, I'll re-enable that link again...  ;)
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #153 on: May 05, 2005, 06:51:43 PM »
Great work as usual Sasha.

Just downloaded them both and Like RejZoR, I think that the both look great, my preference would be the 3in1, to me it looks a little better balanced.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #154 on: May 05, 2005, 07:01:47 PM »
Yes maybe because of the order of the START and STOP buttons, but to be true David... I really like when something is not 100% symmetric, so the first one looks little bit better to me... I don't know...

Anyway, I'm glad you like it... RejZor lit up that idea again, after Technical asked me million of times is it possible to hide display area until it's needed, you said you would really like to see that idea realized... and I was categorical about that one... so I said to myself, I have to do this somehow... anyhow...  ;D

Offline XMAS

• Avast translator
  • Super Poster
  • Santa is watching you ;)
    • avast! in Bulgarian
« Reply #155 on: May 05, 2005, 07:07:59 PM »
Hey Great skin  ;D
I like it a lot!!! ( and the both versions )
Thanks /szc\  ;D
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 07:25:32 PM by _x_m_a_s_ »
You've Got To Get Close To The Flame To See What It's Made Of...

Offline xistenz

• Poster
« Reply #156 on: May 05, 2005, 07:27:34 PM »
/szc\, I really like the Silhouette 3-ini-1 skin.

If I may make a suggestion, can you move the "On-Demand Scan" button down (picture 1), and when it is clicked, it will move up with the other three and stay on top (picture 2)?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #157 on: May 05, 2005, 07:28:40 PM »
Sasha, did you remove the status bar?
What about the 'big' window title (with the word avast...)?
The best things in life are free.

Offline xistenz

• Poster
« Reply #158 on: May 05, 2005, 07:38:41 PM »
Also, I think that the colors look a bit too washed out, if you know what I mean. What about bringing a bit more colour to the "avast! antivirus" title area and the shield?

« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 07:43:11 PM by xistenz »

Offline rdsu

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #159 on: May 05, 2005, 07:39:53 PM »
Great work!!! ;D

I prefer the Silhouette_3in1_by_SZCraftec.aswcs... ;)
Avast Free Antivirus: Web Shield & Home Network Security.

Offline rdsu

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #160 on: May 05, 2005, 07:42:56 PM »
I agree with you...

Maybe if the buttons had a more darker tonality... ;)

Also, I think that the colors look a bit too washed out, if you know what I mean. What about bringing a bit more colour to the "avast! antivirus" title area and the shield?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 07:59:30 PM by VaMPiRiC_CRoW »

kamulko

« Reply #161 on: May 05, 2005, 07:51:27 PM »
 :o :o :o :o :o.... Now I'm at home after the long work's day... closed the door, quickly started the pc, page after page I have "eaten" the forum posts... AND I FOUND THE 2 DOWNLOADS... what I can say? Guys, you made Avast! not only the best antivirus of the world but also the beatifulst. And It seems there's no end: the creation is continuing... how is thinkable built something better? ... neverthless, I'm sure you will know to invent something still more incredible.  I have my mouth open for the astonishment... The God of Arts bless you!!! :D

THANKS!!!

Offline XMAS

• Avast translator
  • Super Poster
  • Santa is watching you ;)
    • avast! in Bulgarian
« Reply #162 on: May 05, 2005, 07:58:53 PM »
If I may make a suggestion, can you move the "On-Demand Scan" button down (picture 1), and when it is clicked, it will move up with the other three and stay on top (picture 2)?

Yeah I think that this is very good idea ;)
But anyway the skin is great!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 08:05:09 PM by _x_m_a_s_ »
You've Got To Get Close To The Flame To See What It's Made Of...

Offline rdsu

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #163 on: May 05, 2005, 08:00:49 PM »
Yep, much better... ;D

Yeah I think that this is very good idea ;)

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #164 on: May 05, 2005, 09:30:52 PM »
/szc\, I really like the Silhouette 3-ini-1 skin.

I'm sorry, but as I mentioned earlier in this thread, it's not possible to nest one animation sequence inside another one... actually, it is possible, but one of those two animation sequences contains buttons, not just plain animation. Buttons also have their function, so it's not easy to control 2 animations and 4 different buttons states. If you want, I can make it even more complicated this way - each one of those 3 buttons at the bottom has 5 different button states (normal, mouse over, mouse press, pressed and in use, and pressed but not in use). Also, On-Demand button has 3 states (normal, hover and press). Try to add those animation sequences and bunch of information inside... you'll get pretty ugly picture. So, I'm affraid, we should leave it this way...  :-\

EDIT: hehe... I made it ! Take a look in here:
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=13208.msg112128#msg112128 (after reading it, search for the post with screenshoots little bit lower on that page)

xistenz wrote:

It is possible, but believe me, it doesn't look too good. I wanted to bring the focus to what's important on the screen, not those additional adornment. That just part of the design, and I really believe it looks good this way. Buttons and functions are what is most important.

Also, If I make everything with transparency value 255 (totally visible and not "washed out", just like on your picture), what do you think would it be possible to see those infomration in Sliding Panels ? No, it wouldn't be possible at all. So, I think that most important right now is, how that skin behaves. See example here (first picture looks great, but when in action, when you see those sliding panels, it would look like... I don't wanna say that word... ;D ). Believe me, I tried everything, and I know exactly what are the limitations when you work with these things... avast! sign (logo) looks wonderful when in full color with no transparency, but unfortunatelly, that area where logo sits, is reserved for sliding panels... no room for everything  :-\

vAMPiRiC CRoW wrote:
Maybe if the buttons had a more darker tonality...  ;)

Darker ? They are dark brown already, and that's exactly the color from those buttons and banners from the avast! official web site. As I said before, this skin is based on avast! official web site design, and I don't wanna go far from that... If you guys prefer light-coloured buttons, there is a plently of skins in download section... some of them are already made with light coloured buttons...

Technical wrote:
Sasha, did you remove the status bar?
What about the 'big' window title (with the word avast...)?

Which status bar Technical ? This skin never had any status bar... Also, what about big window title ? There is already avast! antivirus logo over there.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 02:00:07 AM by /szc\ »