Author Topic: Safezone  (Read 1149 times)

Offline GTX66

• An AIS User
    • Personal Message (Offline)
Safezone
« on: August 17, 2013, 11:20:20 PM »
Is there a way to use another Browser other than Chrome for safezone? I will never use it if that is my only choice.

Online DavidR

• avast! Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
    • Personal Message (Online)
Re: Safezone
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 11:46:43 PM »
As far as I'm aware, No.

The safebrowser is based on chromium (NOT Chrome) and is built into the safezone; by using another browser you break the purpose of the safezone completely isolating it from the regular desktop.
Core2Duo E8300/ 4GB Ram/ WinXP ProSP3/ avast! free 2014 9.0.2016/ Outpost Firewall Pro9.1/ Firefox 28.0, NoScript, RequestPolicy/ MailWasher Pro/ DropMyRights/ MalwareBytes AntiMalware Premium 2.0.1/ WinPatrol+/ Drive Image 7.1/ SnagIt 10.0/ avast! mobile security

Offline GTX66

• An AIS User
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 12:45:36 PM »
As far as I'm aware, No.

The safebrowser is based on chromium (NOT Chrome) and is built into the safezone; by using another browser you break the purpose of the safezone completely isolating it from the regular desktop.

Chromium is just an open source version of Chrome. Without Chrome there would be no Chromium. Google is still involved and I trust Google as much as I do the NSA. Avast could have chosen another browser but then they would lose all of the funding from Google.

Online DavidR

• avast! Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 02:25:45 PM »
They get no funding from google for the chromium based safezone browser, after all isn't that the point of open source. There won't be too many open source browsers available. Not only that some banking sites may not recognise/approve some of the more exotic open source browsers.

Any funding avast may get would be from the Google Chrome installations and not from the safezone browser, completely different and separate issue.
Core2Duo E8300/ 4GB Ram/ WinXP ProSP3/ avast! free 2014 9.0.2016/ Outpost Firewall Pro9.1/ Firefox 28.0, NoScript, RequestPolicy/ MailWasher Pro/ DropMyRights/ MalwareBytes AntiMalware Premium 2.0.1/ WinPatrol+/ Drive Image 7.1/ SnagIt 10.0/ avast! mobile security

Offline websave

• Android developing FTW!
  • Android beginner developer
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 08:28:27 PM »
As far as I'm aware, No.

Chromium is just an open source version of Chrome. Without Chrome there would be no Chromium. Google is still involved and I trust Google as much as I do the NSA. Avast could have chosen another browser but then they would lose all of the funding from Google.

Google chrome is fine, I don't understand why you don't seem to like new things. You don't like modern web browsers and you don't seem to like the new avast icon.
Avast! Antivurus 2014.9.0.2006 MBAM WOT

Online bob3160

• avast! Überevangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • 53 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 01:09:28 PM »
As far as I'm aware, No.

Maybe you need to get of the internet ???
Free avast! Security Seminar: http://www.authorstream.com/Presentation/bob3160-1425909-protecting-yourself/    -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/
My Blog: http://bob3160.blogspot.com/ - Win 8.1 Pro 64bit, 4 Gig Ram, avast!2014.9.0.2015 Free, MBAM, WinPatrol -- How to Successfully Install avast! http://goo.gl/VLXde
                     - It's nice to be Important. - It's more important to be Nice. -

Offline GTX66

• An AIS User
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 03:13:29 PM »
As far as I'm aware, No.

Maybe you need to get of the internet ???

Maybe you can go to H____!

Offline GTX66

• An AIS User
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2013, 12:38:54 PM »
As far as I'm aware, No.

Google chrome is fine, I don't understand why you don't seem to like new things. You don't like modern web browsers and you don't seem to like the new avast icon.

I don't like Browser that tracks every place I go. I have a great concern for privacy. Any Browser could have been used for that purpose. I use AIS but my wife uses the free version and I also do not care for the installation method where you have to opt out of installing Google Chrome and making Google your home page. This is still a free internet and I have the right to state my opinion. That is what I did. As for the Icon , I don't even use Icons on my desktop. It is also quite easy to change an Icon on your Desktop. I use a modern Browser-Firefox  :)

Google Chrome

AVAST recommends using the FREE Google Chrome™ browser.

Download Google Chrome Now