Author Topic: Why is Avast getting so upset about LBE Privacy Guard?  (Read 6247 times)

AvauntThee

Why is Avast getting so upset about LBE Privacy Guard?
« on: November 02, 2013, 05:55:07 PM »
I have installed avast! Mobile Security Premium! 3.0.6426 with definition version 131102-00 and LBE Privacy Guard 3.0.1009 on my rooted Samsung Galaxy Note 1 (GT-N7000) running Gingerbread (Android version 2.3.6 build XXLA6).

When I enter avast! it says "Malware found *!*" and "*Resolve all*" and "LBE Privacy Guard is a potentially unwanted program (Android: PrivacyGuard-A[PUP])." with options "Uninstall", "Info" and "Allow for 15 minutes". "Info" gives me the options "Force Close" and "System Info" which gives only further information about the "Read Identity Info" capabilities of LBE Privacy Guard, which are quite in accordance with the permissions I have granted this application. "System info" gives me various information about LBE Privacy Guard, none of it alarming or in any way other than what I would expect, and offers me further only the options "Force stop", "Uninstall" or "Clear data", none of which in any way represent my wishes with respect to LBE Privacy Guard. Entering the avast! programme which says "1 problem found" and "Resolve all" (which I have not done as I do not wish to "Resolve" a programme which I have legitimately installed) also gives met the option "Report as false positive" but if I fill in info and "Send" nothing changes.

I wish to use both avast! and LBE Privacy Guard as they both seem to offer me desirable security and privacy options. As far as I can see, LBE Privacy Guard is a reputable and perfectly respectable privacy protection programme offered quite legitimately via Google Play, which I have downloaded and installed. Why is avast! getting so upset about LBE Privacy Guard? It What is wrong with it? How can I get the programmes to peacefully co-exist?

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Why is Avast getting so upset about LBE Privacy Guard?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 01:44:41 PM »
Hi,

you will be able to whitelist apps in the next version.

Filip

win8

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 04:32:34 PM »
Hi,

A good solution until whitelist is to stop looking for PUPs from the Avast settings.

In my case I had two PUPs the second was the superuser and it was easy to give it a brake!

AvauntThee

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 01:31:47 PM »
Thanks for the tips!

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 01:55:21 PM »
Hi,

whitelist is released :)

Filip

AvauntThee

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 02:04:54 PM »
Saw it, got it, whitelisted, thanks! Quickest issue fix I ever experienced!

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 02:11:35 PM »
Don't want to disappoint you, but we didn't make that whitelist just because of you, you just happened to come with the exact same issue others are having at the right time :) But glad you like it.

Filip

win8

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 07:54:15 PM »
WRAP SPEED indeed

As I wrote at my previous comment there were two PUPs :

The LBE privacy security is into the ignored list right now but for the Superuser I decided to stop this process from
Manage apps...Running...  free memory space (menu) and everything is fine.

Is this better than the ignored list;
Maybe if I restart the phone and scan again I must do this another time (to stop the process) but it is very rare!

My phone is rooted  has 2.3.4

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, 08:17:17 PM »
Well, that depends. Do you use Superuser as you have rooted device? I guess so. Then I think adding it (if it's really only a PUP detection) to the ignore list is a good choice.

Filip

win8

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, 08:24:04 PM »
Well, that depends. Do you use Superuser as you have rooted device? I guess so. Then I think adding it (if it's really only a PUP detection) to the ignore list is a good choice.

Filip

I already added it.

Thanks