Author Topic: Problem Using Avast Internet Security 2014  (Read 6112 times)

preetam

Problem Using Avast Internet Security 2014
« on: November 05, 2013, 04:35:00 PM »
Hii  , Everyone , i m using Avast Internet Security , latest version , Everything Is fine except one thing , when i restart my computer , my Avast internet Security takes 20 or 30 minutes to start  >:( , untill that Icons In the taskbar continue to appear as shown in snapshot attached , can anyone help me to get rid of this ,,,,

Additional Information

I m Using HP Pavilion G4 Notebook pc having 2gb ram , 500 gb hard disk , AMD A4 - 3330 MX with radeloan hd   processor , with windows 7 ultimate 32bit fully updated till the date , I also scanned my pc using MBAM Pro ,       and it says no virus found ,,,

Before the internet security i was using avast free antivirus 8 , which was working fine .. .

please help ... :'( 

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: Problem Using Avast Internet Security 2014
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 04:48:29 PM »
Hi looks like a glitch.. First we will clear the notification are to see if that resolves it

Download and run the bat file following the instructions on this page http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/13102-notification-area-icons-reset.html

Once it has done then reboot...  Do you still experience the problem ?

preetam

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 05:10:45 PM »
Ya , I m Still HAving THe Problem , this is the snapshot of just now , just after using Reset_Notification_Area_Icons_Cache.bat and rebooting , the problem is still there .. . ..  this time u will find less icons but , trust me they are increasing rapidly , as u can see there no. , just after one minute , ,, , :o

also from some time i m unable to play my videos (using VLC or wmp ) and image files (using Windows Photo Viewer , Windows Photo Gallery , i have not tried any third party soft.. ) as u can see in the third snapshot ....

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 05:22:52 PM »
OK we will next do a full clean re-install of Avast

Download Uninstall Utility to your Desktop.
Download the correct version of Avast 
Avast Free
Avast Pro
Avast Internet Security
Avast Premier
Disconnect from the net
Uninstall Avast via control panel

• Run the uninstall tool and allow to boot to safe mode
  • Once complete reboot your system
  • Reinstall Avast
----------

preetam

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 05:45:41 PM »
i have installed a clean install , but the problem is same , does tune up utilities can cause this , i m using tune up utilities .. . .

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 06:28:26 PM »
I've got TuneUp Utilities coming from AVG...  Is that the vendor?  Issues such as this one not unheard of, when using any tune up or registry cleaner, and can be caused by use of such.  Problems in search of a solution rather than a solution in search of problems, in short.  Preventing issues is not the same as fixing them.

http://www.tune-up.com/    You'll note avast! does not offer such.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Microsoft Windows Defender - Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI version 1.0.803

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 07:00:00 PM »
Do you have a restore point from before this occurred ?  If so disable Avast self protection in settings > troubleshooting and go bact to that point

What happened prior to this occurring ?

cesmarg

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 09:20:29 PM »
Have Avast IS 2014 installed and it blocks IE10, Google Chrome and Firefox . Also an unprotected status advise is shown from time to time, including when I'am not operating the pc.
Unistalled Avast using Avasclear and downloaded a free antivirus (not Avast) and everything works fine!
Today, installed AIS again and the problem continues.
Therefore I've decided to unistall AIS again, hoping that somebody from Avast give a solution to this problem some day.

cesmarg

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, 10:30:25 PM »
Have Avast IS 2014 installed and it blocks IE10, Google Chrome and Firefox . Also an unprotected status advise is shown from time to time, including when I'am not operating the pc.
Unistalled Avast using Avasclear and downloaded a free antivirus (not Avast) and everything works fine!
Today, installed AIS again and the problem continues.
Therefore I've decided to unistall AIS again, hoping that somebody from Avast give a solution to this problem some day.
Have Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 installed.