Author Topic: VBS:FlufferMiner-D (Trj)  (Read 5608 times)

Squirrelsaver

VBS:FlufferMiner-D (Trj)
« on: November 14, 2013, 11:41:36 PM »
Hi i have read other posts about this may being a false positive but I have had it in 3 places FolderMoveLog.TXT in C:\\Windows\Panther\Rollback, IntelGFXCoin.log in C:\\Intel\Logs and the Windows Defender\Scans. I have moved them to chest for time being. Any other help would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 12:09:35 AM by Squirrelsaver »

Squirrelsaver

Re: VBS:FlufferMiner-D (Trj)
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 12:10:00 AM »
Added logs just incase.

TrojanFighter

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 01:06:09 AM »
Hey, I have the same problem. Got it today, the 14.11.2013. But I'm not quite sure where it comes from...Do you use Windows 8.1? I have also 5 Rootkits named: windows\system 32\ drivers\ kneps.sys (klwfp.sys, klpd.sys, klif.sys, kl1.sy) Installed und uninstalled 3 different antivir programms today. Is this the problem?

Squirrelsaver

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 01:23:00 AM »
Yes I used Windows 8.1, but I do not have the rootkits, I suggest you make a forum post about them and see if any one can help you with that problem. As for the FlufferMiner-D, I think its just a false positive and should be ok. However you should only have one antivirus installed at a time because it can cause errors

IcedPenguin

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 01:48:16 AM »
I also have this problem and I am also running Windows 8.1, though I only had it once in C:\\Windows\Panther\Rollback
As much as I can tell this is a log created by Windows when upgrading (in my case from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1) listing all folders that were moved  because of the upgrade. I have also uploaded the file to VirusTotal and the only engine detecting a virus was avast, so I'm also pretty sure that this is just a false positive.

Squirrelsaver

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 02:09:39 AM »
Yeh just as I though IcedPenguin, but it never hurts to make sure, I was rather worried because no one i know had the Panther one your post reassures me a lot ;D

TrojanFighter

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 01:38:30 PM »
Hey Iced Penguin, can you give us the virus total link? I searched this file but didnt find it. Did you also have both files? Greetings and thanks!

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2013, 03:00:45 PM »
I believe this to be an FP as I have one.  Reported to Avast

nipajim

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2013, 01:43:45 AM »
Add me to the list that have this virus showing since yesterday,, came to my attention during a screensaver scan,  now running a boots can (never ending) to see where that leads me. 

Lazer

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2013, 03:02:54 PM »
I have 2 computers with different users. When I ran a boot-time scan on each of them, FlufferMiner showed up on each
of them.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2013, 03:10:33 PM »
Update your virus definitions and it should disappear :)