Author Topic: AVAST UPDATED 2014.9.0.2011 UNABLE TO ACCESS ANY WEBPAGE AFTER THIS UPDATE  (Read 3166 times)

fleeavast

I just updated avast to 2014.9.0.2011 and now I can not visit any webpage without receiving the following errors (see 2 attached screenshots).
The only way I am able to view any webpage is to disable the webshield which has been "fully rewritten" "http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=142936.0"
Can someone please provide a fix or workaround other than disabling the webshield or recommending uninstalling/disabling firewall or other security software.
Avast is the only protection software that runs real time.

The issue persists in firefox while trying to access google.com, avast.com, best=uy.com. any and every site I try to visit.
I have never had this issue before with any avast update and have not recently updated anything else.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 07:06:11 PM by fleeavast »

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Hallo, we have discovered an issue in new WebShield implementation. This is probably reason of your problems. We are preparing fix for that.

Meanwhile you can try to switch to old WebShield implementation. To do that, please

Go to C:\programdata\avast software\avast directory

Find the WebShield.ini, file and add following lines:

[General]
UseStreamFilter=0

Now restart „avast! Antivirus“ service, or reboot.

Please let us to know if the problem is gone.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

fleeavast

Hallo, we have discovered an issue in new WebShield implementation. This is probably reason of your problems. We are preparing fix for that.

Meanwhile you can try to switch to old WebShield implementation. To do that, please

Go to C:\programdata\avast software\avast directory

Find the WebShield.ini, file and add following lines:

[General]
UseStreamFilter=0

Now restart „avast! Antivirus“ service, or reboot.

Please let us to know if the problem is gone.

THANK YOU

I followed the directions you quoted and IT SOLVED THE ISSUE.

I appreciate it as I can return to my usual browsing and work.