Author Topic: iTunes Home Sharing  (Read 1922 times)

johannsc

iTunes Home Sharing
« on: May 04, 2014, 11:12:07 AM »
I am trying to connect my iTunes Libraries from 2 PCs thru iTunes Home Sharing
Both PCs have latest Win7 and Avast IS installed, standard settings all same on both PCs
PC "A" see and can access PC "B" iTunes library and music
PC "B" can see PC"A", but library is not loading and no music can be accessed.
If I disable the firewall on PC "B" it does not help
If I disable the "webscan" control shield on PC "B" everything works
Why? and how can I get both PCs to work normal without a work around everytime I want to access the libraries between the PCs

Malacath

Re: iTunes Home Sharing
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 01:49:41 PM »
Avast Internet security and Avast Premier both have  a compatibilty problem with Windows 7.

It forces windows advanced sharing settings to think you are on a public network even if Windows firewall is disabled.

This causes problems when sharing files between computers on your network.

You could try enabling file sharing and media streaming on public networks. Although this isn't safe if you ever use your computer on public wifi networks.

To do that right click the network icon near the clock on the bottom right of your desktop. Click Network and Sharing Centre then select advanced network sharing.

In advanced network sharing it will say yout current network is public if you are effected by the compatibilty bug. You can then allow sharing on public networks. Although again this isn't really wise to do.

If that doesn't work then the only other fix I have found is to uninstall AIS.

EDIT: Just re-read your post and you say it works if you disable webscan.
What I said probably wont work for you. Probably something else causing your problem as I think itunes uses bonjour which might not be effected by the bug I mentioned

« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 01:55:45 PM by Malacath »