Author Topic: Outlook/Exchange stat Prob. "the provider is waiting for a subsystem to start"  (Read 8169 times)

aryder

I am having a similar problem as posted below.  I have tried to repair using the repair option and the system status stays the same. 

Running SBS 2003 SP1 and Exchange Server 2003 SP1. I have downloaded and run the AVAST SBS Edition with the plug-ins. My concern is with the Exchange Server plug-in. When I open the Resident Protection module, it shows the Exchange 2000/2003 plug in, version 4.6.489. It seems to be running as it's not greyed out and allows me to select the options.

However, nothing is being scanned. Right underneath the words Exchange 2000/2003, it says “The provider is waiting for a subsystem to start”. Is this normal (and, assuming it’s not), how do I get it to protect my Exchange Server? I set it up to scan at the transport level, but that message about it waiting and the fact that zero files have been scanned in an obvious concern.

Any ideas?

Any help is appreciated

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
I'm not sure as I don't use server version, but isn't the avast! plug-in disabled into Exchange Server?
Isn't there an option to check which plug-in are enabled and which one aren't?
The best things in life are free.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
aryder, are you running the SERVER EDITION of avast?
Do you use MS Outlook (not Express)? Is it started?
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

aryder

I am running the SBS Server version.  The rest of the workstations have Outlook on their machine, but the server does not.

License file says I have "avast sbs edition standard" & Avast Network Client.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Well the Outlook/Exchange provider will start ONLY if Outlook is running.
So if you're talking about situation on the SERVER (where Outlook is not even installed), it's perfectly normal that the "Outlook/Exchange" provider has the "Waiting to start" status...
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.