Author Topic: Does Avast Scan for Email on Outlook Express?  (Read 3467 times)

JoJoS

Does Avast Scan for Email on Outlook Express?
« on: December 09, 2005, 01:31:22 PM »
I installed Avast on my friend's computer. He said he noticed that he didn't receive quite a few email since I installed Avast.
Does Avast automatically delete some email it think is a virus? How do I recover the messages?

Zagor

Re: Does Avast Scan for Email on Outlook Express?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2005, 02:01:50 PM »
By default settings avast does not erase infected messages.
You need to provide more concrete informations about that occurrence than your friend's free judgement.. :)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Does Avast Scan for Email on Outlook Express?
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 02:32:50 PM »
avast! doesn't do anything automatically other than warn you.

The user has to make the choice what to do when an infected/suspicious email is received or have changed the settings to do some thing without user intervention. This is called Silent Mode in the Internet Mail provider (Advanced Tab) with General answer NO, that will delete/email stop it being deposited in the inbox, etc. However, there would be a record of this in the avast Log Viewer.

The Pro version has many more optons but it is essentially the same the user has to set it up to do anything automatically.

If you or he haven't made these changes and there is no record of email infection in the avast! Log Viewer then they weren't received and you must look elsewhere, anti-spam tools (user or ISP email server based).
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security