Author Topic: Resident Protection - Help  (Read 2832 times)

Ian B

Resident Protection - Help
« on: January 06, 2006, 11:45:19 AM »
Hi,  I have Avast Home edition and recently I noticed that the resident protection icon has dissappeared. When I open up avast and set the resident protection to 'standard' then close and re-open it now always shows as 'disabled'. Can anyone throw any light on this, I also cannot connect to avast.com nut my other internet connections work fine.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Resident Protection - Help
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 02:06:25 PM »
Can you try to repair your installation through Control Panel > Add/Remove programs > Change(Remove) > Repair option.
Are you using any other antivirus in your system? What did you do to get this error? Did you try to solve in any other way?
The best things in life are free.

scottnew

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 09:10:58 PM »
I have the same problem on my laptop.  It has been working fine for a couple of months and went funny in the last day or so.  I have norton installed but not running as it well out of date.  Also my pc (not the laptop) was hit with some malware yesterday but after the recovery Avast is fine on their.  Please help

Additional - The problem occured when Avast requested that we ask for a registration key (which we did and input).
« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 09:35:06 PM by scottnew »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2006, 09:41:57 PM »
Start by ensuring Norton is fully removed otherwise conflicts occure and this is a possible symptom.

Another link worth looking at which is a program removal tool, which can remove the remnants of a number of different Norton Programs:
Removing your Norton program using SymNRT

Uninstall Norton and use the tool above and reboot, uninstall avast, reboot and install again and se if that resolves the problem.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security