Author Topic: IFrame Scan notices  (Read 3549 times)

SherriBabee

IFrame Scan notices
« on: March 02, 2006, 05:09:08 PM »
Morning,

When Im downloading email from yahoo and I have setup some Calendar reminders for various things, Avast popups giving me a possible warning cause of the IFrame scripting in that message... I know I set these up and there ok, but how or where would I put that in my On-Access Protection Control to ignore this warning from that particular sender?

Thank you,
Sherri

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: IFrame Scan notices
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 06:43:37 PM »
Warning this could leave you vulnerable
This is the Internet Mail provider, Customize, Heuristics, iFrame items. Changing these settings would apply to all emails with an iFrame Tab, personally I would rather manually allow those that I know and delete this that I don't.

iFrames are used to import data (which can be executed) into the frame. This is commonly used in web pages but not so widely in emails (usually for Ad content, but could be malicious) and could leave you vulnerable to execution of data when you view the email.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 07:07:14 PM »
Ignore this warning from that particular sender?
You can't manage that to a particular sender but only for a particular url being redirected there.
The best things in life are free.

SherriBabee

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 10:33:06 AM »
Warning this could leave you vulnerable
This is the Internet Mail provider, Customize, Heuristics, iFrame items. Changing these settings would apply to all emails with an iFrame Tab, personally I would rather manually allow those that I know and delete this that I don't.
Hi DavidR,
Since thats the case, I'll do as you suggested....

Ignore this warning from that particular sender?
You can't manage that to a particular sender but only for a particular url being redirected there.
Hi Tech,
Thank you for your reply also, im just gonna leave it as is and go with David's suggestion...

Thank you both for your help  ;D

Sincerely,
Sherri

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 02:36:37 PM »
Your welcome, sorry it can't be an exclusion by sender, but senders details can be forged too.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security