Author Topic: 4.7 update  (Read 3338 times)

hrova

4.7 update
« on: April 20, 2006, 05:40:51 PM »
I see 4.7 is officially out. I have it set to tell me when new updates are out. When I get that message, will it just update  with a small file?

For some reason I thought I heard somewhere to uninstall the 4.6 I have now before putting on the 4.7. Is that correct, or am I senile? (I guess both could be true....)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re: 4.7 update
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 06:52:10 PM »
No, avast! is designed to be updated as easily as possible. Just inwoke program update and here you go :) avast! will notify you when such program update is available so don't worry :)
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 04:06:13 AM »
I see 4.7 is officially out. I have it set to tell me when new updates are out. When I get that message, will it just update  with a small file?
The program updates are released but to avoid excessive load on the servers the auto update check happens randomically every 7 days and it's not checking every time you connect to the Internet as with the iAVS checks.

You can however, as you have found perform a manual update. Monitoring the forum ALWIL Software Announcements will give forum regulars a heads up on any announcements, like updates, etc. So forum users have another benefit.

See what Vlk explains here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=13927.msg118070#msg118070

For some reason I thought I heard somewhere to uninstall the 4.6 I have now before putting on the 4.7. Is that correct, or am I senile? (I guess both could be true....)
No, no need for that... just invoke the update  8)
The best things in life are free.

hrova

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 05:40:27 PM »
Thanks... I'll just wait for it to tell me.... And, from what I've read here, it is faster... Can't wait... Maybe I will just do it manually...