Author Topic: Any Resolution with ZoneAlarm  (Read 3108 times)

jujubee

Any Resolution with ZoneAlarm
« on: May 24, 2006, 08:06:01 PM »
Hello all. It has been a while since I have been here.

I have Avast as my primary anti-virus on my other computer, but on this one I use AVG. I would like to use Avast, but I remember when I installed it there was an issue with ZoneAlarm 5.5.062 (I am using an older version by choice).

I know there's some changes you have to make in order to resolve the conflict. Nevertheless, I was wondering if Avast has come to some resolution with ZoneAlarm on this matter; does this problem exist between the current versions of Avast and ZoneAlarm? If not, then maybe I should try upgrading to a new version of ZoneAlarm free.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Any Resolution with ZoneAlarm
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 09:18:52 PM »
The older version I assume it the free version should have no issues with avast as it doesn't have the privacy feature which was causing the problem. It is the newer versions of ZA Pro that have the privacy feature that cause the conflict, avast has spoken to Zone Labs and as far as I'm aware the ball is still in their court.

See this link http://www.avast.com/eng/webshield_issues.html

So you shouldn't have a problem with the later ZA free versions.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
Re: Any Resolution with ZoneAlarm
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 05:38:49 PM »
The older version I assume it the free version should have no issues with avast as it doesn't have the privacy feature which was causing the problem. It is the newer versions of ZA Pro that have the privacy feature that cause the conflict, avast has spoken to Zone Labs and as far as I'm aware the ball is still in their court.

See this link http://www.avast.com/eng/webshield_issues.html

So you shouldn't have a problem with the later ZA free versions.

No, except on some systems latest few versions of ZA Free are still causing computer to occasionally reboot itself. Many people already reported this issue long time ago, and ZoneLabs did nothing to fix that. It worked properly on my laptop without any problems, and on my desktop it caused a lot of headaches. I uninstalled it once for ever, cleaned every single possible registry key that pointed to ZoneAlarm and ZoneLabs, installed Comodo again and I have to say that system works great. Also, Comodo is not as huge system resource hog as ZA is, in fact... it is very light on system resources.

As David mentioned... issue that you are interested in, was only with ZA Pro and it's privacy features which BTW are useless in many ways. There are some third party tools that will do much better job in that field anyway.
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s