Author Topic: i have a trojan problem...PLEASE HELP  (Read 14397 times)

zimba

i have a trojan problem...PLEASE HELP
« on: October 04, 2006, 04:13:43 AM »
okay i got my new comp bout a month ago for college where im at right now...i dled avast since my room mate told me its what to use...then suddenly i got this trojan warning, i try to delete and move the file but it wouldnt let me stating that something else was already using it (was in the internet temp file and another in the win32) so i booted in safe mode and deleted it...i repeated this process atleast 5 times!! i just formatted my computer a couple hours ago and wow once again i get a trojan warning! i moved it to the chest successfully but i wanna know what could be causing this and what i can do to stop it! PLEASE GUYS ITS DRIVING ME NUTS

zimba

Re: i have a trojan problem...PLEASE HELP
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 05:19:32 AM »
windows 2000

Spiritsongs

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 05:57:44 AM »
 :)  Hi :

It looks like you have a very bad piece of spyware ;
      you need the assistance of Experts on an
     antiSPYWARE forum, so best to go to online forum of your
     antiSPYWARE Provider; if you know of none, I recommend
     the Ad-Aware oriented forums at www.landzdown.com .

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
    • Don't Surf in the Nude!
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 09:41:03 AM »
Spiritsongs,

This may be a setup or false positive issue in avast, and even if it is spyware, why do you have to send everybody away as soon as they arrive?

zimba,

What operating system do you have? As the computer is quite new, am I correct in assuming it's Windows XP?

You will need to give us some more information: the name and location of the malware. This is the sort of thing we need:

Avast just picked up win32: Horst-BJ in our morning boot-time scan, thank God.
It was in C: Docs and Sets\All Users\Application Data\CanonBJ\IJPrinter\CNMWindows\Canonip6600D\Installer\Inst2\helpkicker.exe

Bambleweeny 57 sub-meson brain     Don't Surf in the Nude Blog

mauserme

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 01:44:43 PM »
Frank

Windows 2000 in zimba's second post  :)

... why do you have to send everybody away as soon as they arrive?

Amen to that.  There really is quite a lot of talent right here on this forum.

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2006, 01:54:33 PM »
WT*! I could've sworn that second post wasn't there before!  ???

zimba

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2006, 05:03:18 PM »
well every time it detects something it says recommended action :move to chestbox, whats a noob to do?

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2006, 06:59:31 PM »
I can only repeat what I said before:

You will need to give us some more information: the name and location of the malware. This is the sort of thing we need:

It was in C: Docs and Sets\All Users\Application Data\CanonBJ\IJPrinter\CNMWindows\Canonip6600D\Installer\Inst2\helpkicker.exe

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2006, 07:40:00 PM »
In addition:

Win2000 has no firewall, so as soon as you connect to the internet, you are going to get attacked. Within a few minute, your computer will be pwned!

On top of that, MS no longer provides updates for Win2000, surfing with IE is going to leave you open to attack if you stray onto the wrong website. Within a few minutes, yep, you guessed it, your computer will be pwned!

Get a good free firewall like Zone Alarm and learn how to set it up, get an alternative browser like Firefox or Opera, then format again. Install avast!, Zone Alarm and the browser of your choice and maybe this time you'll survive a little longer!

It would also help if you update Win2000 with all the secuirty fixes.

Make sure the first site you visit is Microsoft Update. Download all critical updates.

Here's a good link to help you set up Zone Alarm:

http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/support/zasc/gettingStarted.jsp?anchor=alerts&lid=zasupp_u

zimba

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2006, 08:41:04 PM »
I can only repeat what I said before:

do you even read things before you post? i already said one was in the win32 folder and the other in the temp internet folder

zimba

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2006, 08:41:55 PM »
yeah i dled zone alarm, quite a good program!....thanks for the tips

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2006, 08:46:23 PM »
do you even read things before you post? i already said one was in the win32 folder and the other in the temp internet folder

As I said, we need the name of the malware, and the path and filename, as per the example.

But I think it'll be somebody else helping you out from now on, numbnuts.

zimba

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2006, 10:02:20 PM »

As I said, we need the name of the malware, and the path and filename, as per the example.

But I think it'll be somebody else helping you out from now on, numbnuts.

thats alright your about as useful as tits on a bull

mauserme

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2006, 01:35:35 AM »
Guy (or girls, as the case may be).  There's a problem to be solved.

(... it was in the internet temp file and another in the win32) so i booted in safe mode and deleted it...i repeated this process atleast 5 times!! i just formatted my computer a couple hours ago and wow once again i get a trojan warning!

What did you do after reformatting?  Check email?  Surf?  Download files?  Install something from disk?  I mean, certainly a reformat required re-installtion of programs and/or data.

Satine777

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2006, 01:40:59 PM »
okay i got my new comp bout a month ago for college where im at right now...i dled avast since my room mate told me its what to use...then suddenly i got this trojan warning, i try to delete and move the file but it wouldnt let me stating that something else was already using it (was in the internet temp file and another in the win32) so i booted in safe mode and deleted it...i repeated this process atleast 5 times!! i just formatted my computer a couple hours ago and wow once again i get a trojan warning! i moved it to the chest successfully but i wanna know what could be causing this and what i can do to stop it! PLEASE GUYS ITS DRIVING ME NUTS

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem as Zimba.; delete, delete, etc.
The only option is to move the trojan in the chest, succesfully..'But what could be causing
this???, to laeve it in the chest forever?
I have xp.