Author Topic: E-Mail - ERR concurrent connections  (Read 5134 times)

Bayden_Rank

E-Mail - ERR concurrent connections
« on: January 16, 2007, 10:41:43 AM »
Last night Avast updated and today I cannot get Outlook Express to work correctly.  I have previously had to disable checking of outgoing mail but this has not helped with the problem.

This is the error message I receive:

"The server responded with an error. Account: 'btyahoo.com', Server: 'mail.btinternet.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR concurrent connections limit in avast exceeded(pass:20, processes:emproxy.exe[19], msimn.exe[1]), there is a collision with another program', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90"

I apologise if this has been answered previously but I have been unable to find it via a search.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: E-Mail - ERR concurrent connections
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 12:10:43 PM »
This is a Google search for the error. Click here.

Which firewall do you use?
Which is your operational system?
The best things in life are free.

Bayden_Rank

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 12:33:30 PM »
This is a Google search for the error. Click here.

Which firewall do you use?
Which is your operational system?
Hi  Thanks for th elinks.  OS is Windows XP and I am using the Windows XP firewall.  NOte the problem did not exist yesterday and now I have - temporarily - suspended all e-mail checks in Avast I can upload and download mail again. This however is hardly desirable.

Update - just turned scanning back on for e-mail and it is not working again.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 12:37:42 PM by Bayden_Rank »

Offline vojtech

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 12:44:15 PM »
The mail scanner collides with the emproxy.exe, that seems to be a part of the McAfee Email Proxy. So you have McAfee antivirus or McAfee security suite installed ?

Bayden_Rank

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 02:05:46 PM »
The mail scanner collides with the emproxy.exe, that seems to be a part of the McAfee Email Proxy. So you have McAfee antivirus or McAfee security suite installed ?

Yes I do though it is not fully functional since having to reload windows following a major failure.

I am currently trying to decide whether to ditch Macafee and go with Avast or visa versa.  Big difference (apart from cost) is that you are replying to me and Macafee are ignoring me - looks like a 'no-brianer at present.

However it does not explain why it is only since I switched on today that the problem started.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 02:26:46 PM »
I am currently trying to decide whether to ditch Macafee and go with Avast or visa versa.
But you can't use both at the same time... they will conflict.

To remove McAfee you need to do via Add/Remove and then the manual removal of the registry keys left behind with their on-line instructions.
Mcafee has a uninstall tool that might help. http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/VSCleanupTool.exe

Bayden_Rank

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 03:01:12 PM »
I am currently trying to decide whether to ditch Macafee and go with Avast or visa versa.
But you can't use both at the same time... they will conflict.

To remove McAfee you need to do via Add/Remove and then the manual removal of the registry keys left behind with their on-line instructions.
Mcafee has a uninstall tool that might help. http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/VSCleanupTool.exe
Hi - Yes I realise I cannot use both which is why I have disabled McAfee but obviously I had not disabled all of it.  I need to give them a chance as they owe me for a couple of months still due to their way of enticing users to renew ahead of time to get the discount.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 03:23:39 PM »
Hi - Yes I realise I cannot use both which is why I have disabled McAfee but obviously I had not disabled all of it.
Disable is not enough in most cases...
Low level drivers, registry keys, etc. are still there.
You need to uninstall one of them...