Consumer Products > Avast Free Antivirus / Premium Security (legacy Pro Antivirus, Internet Security, Premier)

Avast Pro, says needs updating when updated

(1/4) > >>

DaddyDuke:
Has anyone had problems with Avast Pro updater saying that you need to update (in a Red Box) when you are up to date?? I have Vps 000707-0 yet when I first start my computer it says I need to update and when you click on it a box comes up and says you are all ready up to date, tried to reload the program and that did not help, also tried a different firewall, need not help, anyone else experience this??
DaddyDuke

XMAS:
Hello and welcome :)

What does the red box says exactly ?
Check if your system time/date is correct.

Lisandro:
When does this occur for you?
Just after making logon or at any time?
Which were your 'first' and 'second' firewall?
Are you using XP?

DaddyDuke:
Good questions ;) I'm using Windows XP Home, service Pack 2 (2600) and the box says the same thing each time it checks for updates, it has the new version inside it but it is in Red and says I need to update it when I really don't need to as I all ready have the latest version, in fact you can click on it and it will tell you that you are all ready up to date, a strange one for sure  :P  My
first firewall was "Windows" and the second is "PC Tools Firewall Plus " whick I like a lot better but the problem started with the windows firewall. Doesn't seem to be a real problem as everything is working fine it is just strange that when Avast checks for updates it says I'm not up to date with its red box coming up (ever time it check for updates) and you click on it and then it says you are all ready up to day (in fact right now it is 000708-0).
DD

DaddyDuke:
XMAS Asked just excatly what did it say: It said:
"You are using old VPS (Virus database) File 00708-0 Please update it"
Now File 00708-0 is the new file so why is it asking me to update when that is the latest version, also my Time and Date are correct XMAS
Thanks for the help
DD

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version