Other > Viruses and worms

Help to remove FOTOMOTO.A Trojan

(1/18) > >>

Maze:
I have the fotomoto trojan on my pc. Avast does not find it, but Windows Defender does. Everytime it catches it, Win-defender gives me the option to remove, and afterwards tells me the computer is clean. But after every reeboot, Fotomoto is still running wild on my pc. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks in advance.

FreewheelinFrank:
Hi Maze,

Fotomoto is possibly a variant of Begin2Search/B2Search/eZula.

First go to Start>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs and remove this program if found under any of the above names. (It may not be there.)

Then try the usual free adware/spyware scanners.

AVG Anti-Spyware Free (Requires Win2k/XP)
Ad-Aware Free
Spybot Search & Destroy
SUPERAntiSpyware Free
a-Squared Free

Download, install and update all the programs. Disconnect from the internet (pull the plug) before running scans in Safe Mode if possible.

If still having problems, post a HijackThis! log.

DavidR:
Before dealing with it, if you know the file name and location, send the sample to virus@avast.com zipped and password protected with password in email body and false positive/undetected malware in the subject.

Or you can also add the file to the User Files (File, Add) section of the avast chest where it can do no harm and send it from there (select the file, right click, email to Alwil Software). No need to zip and PW protect when the sample is sent from chest. A copy of the file/s will remain in the original location, so any further action you take can remove that.

Maze:
Thanks both of you. I will perform the recommendations above, you both mentioned, one by one and then post a reply later today.
Avast also detects "Win32:Agent-ISI[Trj]" and "Win32:VBStat-C[Trj]". I was going to search the threads and start a new one if these haven't been discussed already. Just mentioning in case these will also be solved by the above process or are related. I have been moving the files to chest, but these keep coming back.

Rafel:
You must uncheck system restore.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version