Author Topic: Can avast! Compete?  (Read 2712 times)

internetworld7

Can avast! Compete?
« on: October 04, 2007, 05:47:54 AM »
This might be posted in the wrong spot but I'm sure it will be moved to the right one. ;D Anyway I came across a very interesting article at computerworld.com which suggest that in the future smaller AV's (like avast!) will no longer be around. And you know what? I think these experts are right. :'(

Anyway here is the article: http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9040779&intsrc=hm_list

Offline oldman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Some days..... MOS...this bug's for you
Re: Can avast! Compete?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 07:33:17 AM »
Well you may be right. However the "big guys", also have to be able to deliver. If they can't provide a top product for top dollars (yes it will cost), then the smaller ones with a strong user base may be able to compete. Provided they are producing a reasonably reliable product.

In the years and a half I've been using avast, I've seen the improvement. There's still room for more. The users here can help alot with submisions, avast on the other hand has got to be a bit faster on adding submitted files. Being first out of the gate can go along ways in attracting new customers.

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 07:53:31 AM »
Very true, besides, that's for what are we all gathered here ;), to help avast and other it's users in becoming the best AV product (as it vas back in 2006) & the smartest user's (as it was, before, and I hope, will be forever) :D 8)
Take care.

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 09:11:07 AM »
One of those useless articles written by a hack who wants to have it both ways.

The smaller AV companies are doomed says the first part of the article ... until the last part of the article says maybe they are not.

The same old same old.