Author Topic: Comodo messing again???  (Read 11801 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Comodo messing again???
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2007, 01:34:28 PM »
I have no other doubts...
Uninstall Comodo and the update is applied. Comodo IS guilty here.
The best things in life are free.

micky77

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2007, 06:30:32 PM »
I have no other doubts...
Uninstall Comodo and the update is applied. Comodo IS guilty here.
Some people have had success installing update by disabling defence+ ( with reboot )http://forums.comodo.com/empty-t16987.0.html

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2007, 06:56:48 PM »
Comodo made my day today...
I've uninstalled the old+patched version. Install Windows Updates. Boot.
Install the latest version (Comodo Firewall Pro 3.0.14.276).
After that... nightmare:
Can't boot, can't boot on Safe Mode or Last good configuration...
Acronis full partition backup saved my day!
I can't believe... With the restored partition, I've uninstalled Comodo...
Believe! None file was removed from Comodo folder and Windows keeps detecting it!

neal62

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2007, 08:28:41 PM »
For the past week I have been running PCtools firewall, free edition. So far I like it and it's not caused me any problems.  :)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2007, 08:35:48 PM »
I'm trying to get help here:
http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2556775&SiteID=17&mode=1
No help from Microsoft... :'(
Comodo is definitively off of my system. My patience dropped down. Now, Vista Firewall with Outbound Advanced Control again is back.

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2007, 08:44:06 PM »
Hi forum friends.

I just ran the new Comodo Pro FW download over the existing one. No problems on my XP whatsoever. Just a few things work a little differently, you have to grant installer status to some programs that like to do something to your dll's, when you are accustomed to these little alterations, no big problems, less prompts, starts better, easier and faster. No problems with vidalia, Tor and Privoxy.
I am glad had to say goodbye to ZA to get to know Comodo, and yes you have to learn to tweak this beast and understand what you set it to do. Very versatile,

pol
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2007, 08:55:16 PM »
I just ran the new Comodo Pro FW download over the existing one. No problems on my XP whatsoever.
The problem is on my Vista...

By the way, I'm trying to get help at Comodo forum too...

Rafel

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2007, 10:57:34 PM »
The previous version was a beta version. Beta versions can mess the system, but a lot of people installed that version, and now they have got problems. If you install betas, is your own risk. I installed the beta version, but i formated(again,hehehe) and i did a fresh install of new version, and is runing very smoothly.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2007, 08:38:26 PM »
The previous version was a beta version. Beta versions can mess the system, but a lot of people installed that version, and now they have got problems. If you install betas, is your own risk. I installed the beta version, but i formated(again,hehehe) and i did a fresh install of new version, and is runing very smoothly.
I didn't noticed it... I thought it was a regular update. Now I regret.
Comodo is uninstalled but it left a lot of trashes behind...

Rafel

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2007, 08:50:35 PM »
This release is for the users having the problems mentioned above to verify that this version solves their problems. Note that this is not an official release but just a test version so it should not be available publicly and should be treated as a BETA version.

Being a test version, it has the followinng complications:

1 - CFP automatic updater will report updates detected since the official .268. So if updated, the firewall will be downgraded to .268 build.

2 - Firewall configurator does not properly clean windows security center status after uninstallation

Download Links :

Windows XP/Vista 32 bit
http://download.comodo.com/cfp/download/setups/CFP_Setup_3.0.14.273_XP_Vista_x32.exe

Windows XP/Vista 64 bit
http://download.comodo.com/cfp/download/setups/CFP_Setup_3.0.14.273_XP_Vista_x64.exe

What should we tell the users while PMing them. A sample Message :

"
Hello,
 A test version which fixes the following issues is available for you to test :

* FIXED! VPN Clients cant connect to VPN servers
* FIXED! cmdagent.exe consumes 100% CPU
* FIXED! System reboot takes too long when CFP is installed with some other security software such as Avast
* FIXED! CFP can not find the application behind a connection(for example kaspersky web scanner)
* FIXED! "System Idle Process" is now changed to "Windows Operating System" to describe applicationless traffic(So no more system Idle Process in anywhere in CFP)
* FIXED! Internet Connection Sharing(ICS): CFP is now compatible with ICS servers(users will need to answer some popup alerts)
* FIXED! System performance has been slightly improved
* FIXED! Defense+ allowed some applications to modify a protected file wven if it is not allowed
* FIXED! 8.3 path conversion and its associated duplicate entries/not remembering my answer problems(e.g. for BOClean or AVG)
* FIXED! if CFP.exe is active, trying to rerun cfp.exe will activate the currently active CFP.exe instance now
* FIXED! Accidental BLOCK/ALLOW for image execution popups are NOT remembered through out the application life time anymore(This means if an application is blocked/allowed from being executed without remembering, it will be asked again).
* FIXED! Default global rules for NON-P2P mode has now been changed to allow various incoming ICMP messages that affects windows updates and trace routing applications
* FIXED! New application signature database has been introduced : the size and format has been significantly changed to prevent false al;erts from some AV programs
* FIXED! Crashes while opening help file from the GUI links
* FIXED! Introduced the defense against a new keylogging technique

Windows XP/Vista 32 bit
http://download.comodo.com/cfp/download/setups/CFP_Setup_3.0.14.273_XP_Vista_x32.exe

Windows XP/Vista 64 bit
http://download.comodo.com/cfp/download/setups/CFP_Setup_3.0.14.273_XP_Vista_x64.exe

This is a BETA version specifically prepared for you and not for sharing with anyone else. The automatic updater may report new updates. Please disregard those messages until the official release. Otherwise it will be downgraded to the currently available official release. Thanks for attending to testing. Please lets us know about your experience in this thread :http://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v3/please_tell_us_if_v3_didnt_work_for_you_we_will_send_you_the_new_version-t16546.0.html

i received this PM, as me, all people requested that version
I think a lot of people requested this version, then he made it as public beta version.
I formated after uninstall that version., messed my registry.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 08:57:13 PM by Rafel »