Author Topic: Avast home drivers for Vista (ultimate)  (Read 14817 times)

florart

Avast home drivers for Vista (ultimate)
« on: December 27, 2007, 07:10:50 AM »
I apologize for having put my question also in the Avast support link, but I was not able to trace my question, so it might not have gone thruogh.
I installed Vista ultimate on my second disk, installed Avast and tried to connect to internet it was not possible, the system gives me a blue screen and restart the boot. Are there new drivers compatible wirh Vista or I have to change antivirus? thanks

My system: 2giga ram, core2duo 2,33mh, 2 Maxtor HD sata 250g

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re: Avast home drivers for Vista (ultimate)
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 09:02:55 AM »
avast! is fully compatible with Vista for a very very long time.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

florart

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 10:58:00 AM »
avast! is fully compatible with Vista for a very very long time.

Well, I wish it could be true!!! but it is not. The system advised of the incompatibility during the install process, I decided to ignore, but the result is that it does not put the icon on the tray bar and if I click on the desktop icon, gives me a blue screen and restart the system!
When I ran the upgrading test, the result was, infact, that there were no known conpatibility problem. My question now is, is it possible that for the "Ultimate" version of Vista we need some kind of different driver or install procedure?.........Thanks everybody

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 11:27:14 AM »
First off, yes avast! works perfectly with Windows Vista Ultimate.

We will need more information to help you out, like what other security programs you have running over there, you have all your drivers updated, what kind of internet connection do you have, is your system clean of malware ? Have you tried a reinstall of avast! ? What kind of incompatibility message are we talking about ?

BTW Are you sure you downloaded the latest version
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 11:31:22 AM by Darth_Mikey »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 11:47:47 AM »
Well, I wish it could be true!!! but it is not. The system advised of the incompatibility during the install process, I decided to ignore, but the result is that it does not put the icon on the tray bar and if I click on the desktop icon, gives me a blue screen and restart the system!
Another antivirus, probably Norton or McAfee, is installed (by default :P) in your system.
If you open Windows Security Center, what is listed in your antivirus protection? And firewall?
The best things in life are free.

florart

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 01:12:12 PM »
Another antivirus, probably Norton or McAfee, is installed (by default :P) in your system.
If you open Windows Security Center, what is listed in your antivirus protection? And firewall?

Are you trying to tell me that Vista ultimate has an antivirus incorporated in the system? in this case Avast will conflict inevitably with the internal antivirus!? The secury center indicates that there is not an active antivirus........

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 01:20:39 PM »
How about answering my questions in the first thread you created?
What is the exact build of avast! you have installed?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2007, 01:44:09 PM »
Are you trying to tell me that Vista ultimate has an antivirus incorporated in the system?
Not Windows Vista, but some OEM software, some computers have 'restore' (install) disks that have software incorporated.

The secury center indicates that there is not an active antivirus........
So, you haven't a conflict... or, at least, do not have to have one.

florart

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2007, 08:51:53 PM »
All right, it is true, for the installation I used an old version of Avast, but how can I download the latest if Vista does not let me connect to internet. During the installation I received a warning, I do not remember well, but it was a drastic invitation not to continue, I forced the installation.....and here we are. How can I burn the latest Avast to a CD?
The Vista installation is a clean installatiom on my 2° HD.
Thanks for your help :D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2007, 08:56:27 PM »
During the installation I received a warning, I do not remember well, but it was a drastic invitation not to continue, I forced the installation.
Hmmm... seems another antivirus present...

How can I burn the latest Avast to a CD?
Can't you disable avast, go the homepage and download the latest version?
If that does not work, uninstall avast.
I won't even try to install the newest version forcing it... you must be sure that your computer won't reject it due to another antivirus or incompatible software present.

florart

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2007, 09:37:43 PM »
I'll download the latest version and will burn it to a CD and will try with that, many thanks. :-[

.......Where do I find the download site? I went into "home" but there was no download section.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 09:49:17 PM by florart »

CharleyO

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2007, 10:38:05 PM »

At the top of the "home page," did you mouse over "Download" and then click on "Programs?"    ???

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot

florart

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2007, 06:34:36 AM »
Ok...thanks very much!

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2007, 08:17:00 AM »
So did you solve your problem ?