Author Topic: Getting Constant Scanning Error Messages in the Log Viewer  (Read 4931 times)

Solemn

Getting Constant Scanning Error Messages in the Log Viewer
« on: February 01, 2008, 01:26:03 PM »
First of all, hello, I'm new to the forums and have mainly signed up to help find out more about avast! if I ever have a problem or want to know more about the security product I absolutely love.  Anyway, to get more into detail about the problem I've been experiencing, it's sort of self explanatory in the title and doesn't seem to have any notable solution as I've run several searches that have only led me to similar cases with no solid answer.

Basically, I've been receiving a lot of error messages from avast! whenever I clear the cache from Firefox, or do some regular cleaning with the program CCleaner.  Apparently it seems that avast! has some trouble scanning these files that I'm deleting, although the interesting part about this is that these errors only show up on my computer but not on 2 other computers I have when I do the same thing which both have identical avast! settings and security setups, but run on Windows XP instead (Pro edition, SP2, 32 bit).  The computer I'm experiencing this problem on is an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 6000+ with 4 gigs of RAM and runs on Windows Vista Home Premium (32 bit, fully updated with UAC turned off) that currently has no other active security programs aside from Windows Defender and avast! (which is the home edition version at 4.7.1098).  Below I've attached a few typical error messages I've been seeing.

Most popular error message is this one [generally occurs when I clear the cache VIA FireFox's own feature]:

APPLICATION : 1436
AAVM - scanning error: x_AavmCheckFileDirectEx: avfilesScanReal of:
C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\25buls7h.default\Cache.\Trash\Cache Failed, 000000005.

And for regular cleaning with CCleaner, like this:

C:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\WMI\RtBackup\EtwRTNT Kernel Logger.etl Failed, 00000490.

Although there have been some rare other cases that look like this as a result of using CCleaner:

APPLICATION : 1424
C:\Windows\Temp\fwtsqmfile01.sqm failed, 00000005.

APPLICATION : 1452
C:\Windows\Prefetch\SEARCHPROTOCOLHOST.EXE-AFAD3EF9.pf failed, 00000005.

C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Office\Recent\index.dat failed, 00000021.

There are also a lot more that I can provide if needed, but generally it seems that temporary files for just about anything, including Windows, specific programs, and internet browsers all seem to trigger this upon their deletion.  The ones I listed for Firefox and the system32 log file tend to be the ones that occur the most though.  So that being said, I hope this information helps, and if you need any more feel free to ask and I will see what I can do.  I would also appreciate it greatly if I could have any word on this, such as if there is a possible solution, or if this problem has been recognized and is being actively worked on (and should I worry about this at all?).  Thanks for taking the time in reading this and helping me out for those who do!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 01:37:22 PM by Solemn »

mikedav

Re: Getting Constant Scanning Error Messages in the Log Viewer
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 11:03:45 PM »
hi  did you ever get a solution to this as im experiencing it too

mikedav

adi_dmj

Re: Getting Constant Scanning Error Messages in the Log Viewer
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 08:45:05 AM »
I think these are normal avast error as I have seen them present on many computers