Consumer Products > Avast Free Antivirus / Premium Security (legacy Pro Antivirus, Internet Security, Premier)

avast detects a rootkit in common files/aol/acs

<< < (3/7) > >>

129260:
The aol issue is back....and i still have not received a word on the mild issue with scanning....I understand these forums are busy. just letting you know I'm still here.

129260:
um hello? I am still having the aol rootkit issue! please respond!

129260:
um hello? I am still having the aol rootkit issue! please respond!

havildar:
Good Morning,

I don`t have any answers yet, but would like to confirm a silmilar problem:

avast detects a rootkit in common files/aol/acs.

It seems to be a notification to subscribers that they will need to change their method of connection to the AOL UK servers. I too had the avast warning and clicked the option to send the file to avast at about 4.0 pm yesterday (BST). I also clicked the option to delete then run a boot scan which found nothing.

I should add the aol notification was an invitation to order a CD, presumably to install this new TCP/IP connection (?), I think. Some subscribers have been having problems recently with their DSL modems not being recognised, and unable to log on to AOL UK, which is now CarPhone Warehouse, part of the Talk Talk group. (Keep it simple?)

As usual AOL has been lamentably secretive about what`s going on and, of course, you would be better off speaking to yourself than contacting AOL Help. I tried to order the CD in question, but the link came up with Error 404 Page Not Found.

I`m waiting to see what will transpire today.

129260:
sigh* hello? can someone please respond that can help me fix this issue?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version