Author Topic: Compatibility problem with ZoneAlarm  (Read 2427 times)

Ruso

Compatibility problem with ZoneAlarm
« on: April 07, 2008, 01:57:26 AM »
Avast warns a compatibility problem with my new version (update) of ZoneAlarm Home Edition. What should I do?
Thanks. H.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Compatibility problem with ZoneAlarm
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 02:39:55 AM »
If the question appears and you are using ZoneAlarm Free you should click NO, because privacy features are not present in ZoneAlarm Free this will not turn off webshield transparent mode proxy.

If you have already installed, use a text editor and edit the avast4.ini file, the default installation location is C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA\avast4.ini (I would advise you copy avast4.ini before editing it, just in case).
Locate the line containing ZoneAlarmCompatibility= and delete that line or, if you want to keep this line, set it to 0. Save the edited avast4.ini file.

If you are using ZoneAlarm Pro and Privacy Control in ZoneAlarm is set to High and if you click YES in avast comptability dialog box the transparent mode proxy in webshield will be turned off you have to manually configure browser to access internet. To manually configure your browser watch instructional video. In this case, the value ZoneAlarmCompatibility=1 should be at avast4.ini file.

More info:  http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=1647.msg15960#msg15960
The best things in life are free.

Ruso

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 04:05:00 AM »
Thanks for your answer, Tech. I'll proceed accordingly with that instructions. I've seen the video on the configuration of my browser (Firefox) and, if I have understood correctly, the value=1 in the file avast4.ini should not be changed and I have only to follow the setup guide of the manual proxy, as the video shows.
Thanks again. Good luck. H.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 04:09:35 AM »
Thanks for your answer, Tech. I'll proceed accordingly with that instructions. I've seen the video on the configuration of my browser (Firefox) and, if I have understood correctly, the value=1 in the file avast4.ini should not be changed and I have only to follow the setup guide of the manual proxy, as the video shows.
Thanks again. Good luck. H.
I think you're messing WebShield settings of proxy and WebShield & ZA compatibility...
Which video did you watch?
The best things in life are free.