Author Topic: "write access to registry" denied during upgrade  (Read 10951 times)

smokethapimp

Re: "write access to registry" denied during upgrade
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2008, 08:49:57 AM »
Thank you alanrf. This was a new occurrence and after using AVAST! for a long time surprised me to see it appear. 

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2008, 08:57:11 AM »
I am sure that the avast team will do their best to reduce the alarm - especially since these are essentially "false positives".  From my own experience with WinXP they have been very successful ... seems they still have some work to do with Vista. 

ady4um

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2008, 06:10:04 PM »
This is no false positive, and has anything to do with any kind of malware. If you read carefully the logs, you can see that the Avast Update program itself was the one causing the messages. The update program fails to write the registry. I have started another thread about this behaviour before this one was started (not that this matters), and still I'm waiting for an answer other than "don't worry about it, it's *probably* nothing". Well, is it "nothing" or not?

If anyone would like to take a look (even though till now they didn't answer either, as in this thread):

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=35603.0

Let's hope the support team and the devs will take care of this soon, as they usually have done before. Thank you.