Author Topic: Warning on first scan  (Read 2082 times)

Alexlonebear

Warning on first scan
« on: July 09, 2008, 04:37:02 AM »
I have just downloaded Avast Home addition and I am trying to do an initial scan.  It is taking awhile but that is not the problem.  If I go off and let it scan when I come back it has found a virus and has stopped until I tell it how to procede.
Do I have to constantly monitor the whole scan in order to not have it stop every time it finds something?
Alex

rassel

Re: Warning on first scan
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 11:04:37 AM »
If I go off and let it scan when I come back it has found a virus and has stopped until I tell it how to procede.
Your question is same as me. I hope that avast will make a better function which is continue scanning even detected any virus and then take an action later after the scan completed.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Warning on first scan
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 04:37:10 PM »
This feature is present only in Professional version (see picture here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=13315.msg112285#msg112285).

In Home version you can check the option "Don't show this window again" as soon as the first virus warning appears, and click on "No action" button. This way, nothing will be done and you will be presented the results at the end (and you can perform actions from there).

Well, that's the way it is, I am afraid; you may call it a limitation of the Home Edition of avast!. In the Professional Edition, you can configure the task to perform automatic actions (or, don't do anything).
The best things in life are free.