Author Topic: Need your help with the icon on taskbar  (Read 5124 times)

jpmackay

Need your help with the icon on taskbar
« on: July 13, 2008, 05:52:43 AM »
I had major problems with my computer yesterday and have to clean out the virus.  It took me about over an hour and half to do the virus cleaning.  Now it's virus free.  I am not sure how I got the virus and it's called " InternetSecurityDeluxe "  I got help through Aumha.net which one of the member in that forum provided me the information what to do to get that virus out.  It's successful.  Now the little icon
( a ) on taskbar  did not show up every time I start the computer.  I had to go to AWIL Software folder under Program Files in the main hard drive to click on ashDisp.exe and now can see the icon on the bottom right of the taskbar.  Now I would like to know how to make sure that the icon stay forever even shut down the computer then start up the computer at a later time. I don't feel like to go over to AWIL Software folder then click that exe file every time after start up of the computer.  Hope that someone here in this forum can help me with this little minor problem.

Thank you,

John P. Mackay
Belleville, ON Canada eh?

Jtaylor83

Re: Need your help with the icon on taskbar
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 07:27:16 AM »
InternetSecurityDeluxe is a rogue antispyware and can be removed with Rogue Remover.

As for the avast blue ball icon, I can't do much about this. I hope someone else can help on this problem. Are you able to run avast! from the start menu?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 12:17:09 AM »
Now the little icon ( a ) on taskbar  did not show up every time I start the computer.
1. Check the option in the Appearance tab of settings.
or
2. Repair your avast installation through Control Panel.
or
3. Make a link to ashdisp.exe in your startup folder
or
4. Add the path to ashDisp.exe into a value named avast! in the Windows Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
See picture here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=26155.msg213891#msg213891

If that does not help, please, uninstall, boot, install again, boot.
The best things in life are free.

jpmackay

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 07:13:31 PM »
Finally got this working now in taskbar and I used the 2nd line to " repair your avast installation through Control Panel. "  Want to say thank you for your time to reply.  Sorry that took me too long before reply back to this forum as I was away last week.

Smile,

John P. Mackay
Belleville, ON Canada eh?

Offline oldman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Some days..... MOS...this bug's for you
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 07:59:58 PM »
Hi

This is quite common if Combofix was used to remove malware and as you found out, a repair will restore ashdisp.