Author Topic: 4.8.1227 kills Opera attachment display on SMF bulletin boards  (Read 6994 times)

sded

http://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v3/cfp_ignores_global_rules-t25339.0.html;msg182086#msg182086 for example.  With Avast! on access protection disabled, and with the pre-beta version, all the .pngs and .jpgs display as normal thumbnails, and access normally.  With 4.8.1227, Opera attempts to display index.php and shows no thumbnails.

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
Re: 4.8.1227 kills Opera attachment display on SMF bulletin boards
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 11:34:21 PM »
Which nickname was without thumbnail?
My IE 6 and IE 7 didn't show Matty_R's picture (I guess, his pic is stored at imagehacks.us server and this server is known as slow).

sded

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 12:04:04 AM »
The .PNGs on the page should normally appear as thumbnail images in Opera with the name below them.  If you click on the thumbnails, you get a larger image.  Worked that way until the latest beta; still works that way with Firefox and IE.  Images are local, uploaded to the Comodo site.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 12:37:04 AM »
Strange indeed. Are you sure it is an avast thing? I mean, isn't it just a temporary glitch on the server side?
Does stopping avast immediately resolve the issue?

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

sded

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 01:07:42 AM »
Yes; turning on access protection off immediately resolves the issue; turning it back on again brings the issue back.  Very strange and just started happening.  Also have a computer with Opera and pre-beta Avast! 4.8 and it doesn't have the problem.  One of the other Comodo forum moderators thought it might have to do with the way Opera treats the mime types compared to FF/IE, but it doesn't happen without latest Avast! beta, so ???  Tried other Opera versions too, 9.27 and 9.50, no difference.  Happens for all images, BTW-I just picked an example that had a bunch of .PNGs, but have same problem with .jpg and .gif.

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 01:25:04 AM »
You're right, thumbnails are not displayed if WebShield provider was running (tested at XP SP2)
Is it possible to remove cached Opera data from the computer with pre-beta avast! 4.8 and test the webpage? thanks.

Opera -> Tools -> Delete private data...
click "Detailed options"
check "Delete password protected paged and data" and "Delete entire cache"

sded

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 01:37:06 AM »
I'll check the other computer tomorrow-I am not currently where it is located-don't remember about the author thumbnails.  But I did try Opera 9.50 and the prebeta Avast! 4.8 earlier today without deleting/clearing the cache, and there was not a problem with the .PNGs.  Besides these thumbnails not showing up, the xxx.PNG is interpreted as sending index.php to notepad, so the image is completely unavailable and the get after the ? in the Opera link is ignored.   BTW, I notice my author image thumbnail disappears here also in Opera unless I turn off on access protection, although I can see others that are not site uploads, but references-you and Vlk and DavidR appear, but most of the rest are gone.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 01:58:39 AM by sded »

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 12:28:01 PM »
We were able to simulate the problem, and it really looks like a subtle bug in the 4.8.1227 WebShield. :-\

We're currently discussing the possibilities of fixing the issue.

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.