Author Topic: Avast Management Server Service does not run and client computers does not updat  (Read 8338 times)

nanordas

Hi.

On a SBS 2003 R2 Avast does not run anymore. Avast Management Server Service does not run. When I try to start, it stops after a few seconds

I am not able to log in to the ADNM console and client computers does not update anymore.

When I click CHECK DB in DATABASE MANAGEMENT it says:
---------------------------
AmsTool
---------------------------
AMS database is not compatible! (0x0000A410)
*: Going to check version of database of avast! on MS SQL Server "SERVER\avast", using user "sa"...
Cannot initialize data source, error 0x80040E4D...

In Event Viewer it is logged the following:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: avast!
Event Category: Client
Event ID: 90
Date: 20.08.2008
Time: 04:36:58
User: N/A
Computer: SERVER
Description:
Cannot connect Server lookup didn't find any AMS'! socket, WinSock error 0x00000000 has occurred.

Event Type: Error
Time: 04:36:47
Description:
Third server conn attempt (last good: 192.168.16.2:16111) failed. (error 0000274D).

Event Type: Warning
Time: 04:37:00
Description:
CClient::PopupThread - GetConnection failed [0x7FFF3002].

I do not have old enough backup of the database to be able to restore the database from backup.

I have tried the suggestions here:http://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=179, by replacing the license.dat-file to the folder, but stikk the same happens.

How to solve this?

Regards Andreas Nordås

sundp

Hello, i've got exactly the same Problem.
Also, i can't connect to de Management-Console, although i have set the standard-pw and i didn't change it.

An Update of AMSTools fails, because it didn't find the database (same error)

So what can I do?

Thanks for your help.

Offline SMPlante

• Avast! newbie
    • Les Services Michel Plante
Look like, based on the message you got in the log file, that your AMS Database is either corrupted or the ADNM is not able to access it.

The question is, have you change anything on your server that would change the SQL ressources for the ADNM ?

Such as, installing a new SQL update, services, etc....
Change the User/password for Avast!

You can use the "Maintenance AMS" feature (in the Avast! Management Tools) to check, modify, restore, delete, create the Avast! SQL Database.

I think that you will either solve your problem or find a solution using these tools.

Just make sur you know what you are doing before erasing your existing database....

Good luck !

WoodenHeart

Please, check what version of the virus database was last downloaded (see: \Program files\Alwil software\Management tools\InstPkgs). If the date of the last updates is the same as the ones you see in the ADNM console for your clients and more than say two days, then your database doesn't get updated.
Restart your server. If your problem is the same as we had, you will see a message about DEP (Data Execution Prevention) that will prevent all programs to connect with the Internet. Enter DEP in a search engine (like Google) and you wil get all the necessary information and how to deal with DEP.