Author Topic: Splash screen for Avast! has stopped working  (Read 8949 times)

hacco

Splash screen for Avast! has stopped working
« on: November 10, 2008, 11:03:35 AM »
I'm running Avast 4.8 Home ed on Vista. Whenever I click 'Start avast! antivirus', a microsoft windows error screen pops up: "Splash screen for Avast! has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available".

I don't know what the problem is, but it is really annoying. Does any one know how to fix this problem? Please kindly help me! Thanks.

- P

onlysomeone

Re: Splash screen for Avast! has stopped working
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 11:07:58 AM »
first you could try to repair your installation of avast:
select ad/remove program in the control panel and select repair the installation of avast.
does it help?

hacco

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 03:43:20 PM »
first you could try to repair your installation of avast:
select ad/remove program in the control panel and select repair the installation of avast.
does it help?

Thanks for your response. I did what you suggested, but still the same error after 'repairing'. It's driving me nuts, but thanks again. 

foxtrotu

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 01:39:56 AM »
Has anybody had any luck in resolving this issue?  ???

I've found that if you let the boot scan run and after the User Interface opens, you can click on the red 'X' on the Windows window and close it without Avast! closing.

Thanks!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 07:18:11 PM »
I've found that if you let the boot scan run and after the User Interface opens, you can click on the red 'X' on the Windows window and close it without Avast! closing.
Please, elaborate... boot scan does not have user interface (at least not a GUI)... are you saying that after making login you can't 'close' ashavast.exe (the splash screen)?
The best things in life are free.

tblas513

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 08:57:04 PM »
 I am using window 7 black edition,..... But when ever i try  to use avast a error comes "splash screen for avast has stopped working ".. How can i solve this problem.
Kindly revert back...

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 11:04:50 PM »
Do you use any other antivirus in your computer?

Can you try to repair your installation?
Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove programs > avast! antivirus > Remove. Then choose Repair function in the popup window (Repair).
If this does not help, can you uninstall / boot / install / boot again?
The best things in life are free.