Author Topic: I have 2 question  (Read 3038 times)

poppie

I have 2 question
« on: March 31, 2009, 04:14:37 PM »
 ;D what is the differences between web shield and network shield?
 ;D is heuristic scanning only available in pro version?
thanks

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: I have 2 question
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 04:18:59 PM »
What is avast Help File:

Quote from: Extract1
Web Shield provider protects your computer from viruses that may infect your computer when browsing the Internet - especially when downloading files from web pages.

If you - possibly by mistake - download an infected file and try to start it, avast! will prevent the infection thanks to its Standard Shield provider (which scans all files that you start of open). With Web Shield, however, the virus will be detected even sooner - during the download of the file. So, Web Shield makes your computer even safer than before.

Quote from: Extract2
Network Shield provider protects your computer from Internet worm attacks. It works similarly to a firewall, even though it does not fully substitutes it. The Network Shield does not require any user interraction.

With the latest version of avast, the Network Shield also blocks access to known malicious sites.

Heuristic scanning is only in the anti-rootkit module and partially in the Internet Mail scanner and that is the same in both Home and Pro versions. avast also uses generic and algorithmic signatures.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 04:20:56 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security