Author Topic: After 60-day trial is the license key for home free?  (Read 10839 times)

Offline John2009

• Personal Message (Offline)
After 60-day trial is the license key for home free?
« on: April 03, 2009, 09:02:46 PM »
Is the license key for home free?

Offline DavidR

• avast! Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: After 60-day trial is the license key for home free?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 10:12:51 PM »
Yes it all you have to do is register to get it.

However, since you are posting in the WHS avast 4 Windows Home Server forum are you using that avast product ?

The reason I ask is that you shouldn't need anything other that what came with the 'avast! Professional Family Pack.
'
avast! WHS license information

The license for avast! WHS is in the style of a license file. You will be sent this, via email, upon making a purchase. You will then need to save the file to your WHS server, ready to be loaded into avast! Once saved, you should open the avast! WHS console, select the licensing option and choose insert license file. You can then browse the file system within the WHS server, for where you saved the file, select the file, and click OK.  The file will then be loaded into avast!

Should you have purchased the 'avast! Professional Family Pack', then this includes avast! professional licenses for upto 10 machines (in your household).  The license information for this is included within the license file and can be deployed to each machine by selecting the Deploy avast! professional edition license to all computers button.
Core2Duo E8300/ 4GB Ram/ WinXP ProSP3/ avast! free 2014 9.0.2018/ Outpost Firewall Pro9.1/ Firefox 28.0, NoScript, RequestPolicy/ MailWasher Pro/ DropMyRights/ MalwareBytes AntiMalware Premium 2.0.1/ WinPatrol+/ Drive Image 7.1/ SnagIt 10.0/ avast! mobile security

Offline John2009

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 11:52:27 PM »
I thought this was the free edition of Avast. It said Home so I posted it here. I guess I put it in wrong forum?

Offline DavidR

• avast! Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 12:26:12 AM »
This section of the avast forums is for the avast! 4 WHS version which is why I asked the question. Just checking you have been posting in the avast! 4.x Home/Pro forum before.

However to save repeating all this over there - Complete the avast! 4 Home Registration form and you will receive an email from register @ avast.com (without the spaces) with your registration key.

There is no charge.
Core2Duo E8300/ 4GB Ram/ WinXP ProSP3/ avast! free 2014 9.0.2018/ Outpost Firewall Pro9.1/ Firefox 28.0, NoScript, RequestPolicy/ MailWasher Pro/ DropMyRights/ MalwareBytes AntiMalware Premium 2.0.1/ WinPatrol+/ Drive Image 7.1/ SnagIt 10.0/ avast! mobile security

Google Chrome

AVAST recommends using the FREE Google Chrome™ browser.

Download Google Chrome Now