Author Topic: virus chest ?  (Read 8617 times)

roadhawk1

virus chest ?
« on: April 24, 2009, 11:11:18 PM »
The following files were detected by avast , and I had them sent to the Virus Chest. I'm not sure to delete them permentely , and would cause a more serious problem. I've been getting Yellow Alert messages on it. Also my pc been slow , and receving Spyware Guard messages(but disable it on task manager.) Also svchost.exe has been eating up 99 % cpu usage.

A0010310.exe    ~(was detected as Win 32:Rootkit)
A0012298.dll ~
A0013298.dll~
A0013306.dll~
A0013308.exe (this was detected as Win32Fasec)
iefka.exe(Win 32 Fasec)
iehelper.dll(Win32 ROOTkit)

Okay now, can someone please help me on this ASAP. That would be great.

micky77

Re: virus chest ?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 11:24:42 PM »
You definitely have some rogue programs on your pc, download,install, UPDATE, these 2 programs, and post the log/scan results

http://filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/
http://filehippo.com/download_superantispyware/
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 11:45:15 PM by micky77 »

roadhawk1

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 11:39:11 PM »
micky. What should I do with the files on the virus chest. Leave them there or deleate them.

micky77

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 11:44:40 PM »
Definitely leave them there

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 01:16:16 AM »
micky. What should I do with the files on the virus chest. Leave them there or deleate them.

There is no rush to delete anything from the chest, a protected area where it can do no harm. Anything that you send to the chest you should leave there for a few weeks. If after that time you have suffered no adverse effects from moving these to the chest, scan them again (inside the chest) and if they are still detected as viruses, delete them.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

frusa1

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 05:42:32 PM »
I clicked on a website in a search results list and immediately got a pop up and voice from avast of a trojan.  I cannot remember what all was stated on the pop up.  I did what it said to do, it brought up another avast pop up and suggested to send the trojan to the chest.  I did and immediately an ie error page appeared, lost connection, bad address........  I saw this forum, so did the trojan go to the chest and where is the chest file that it can be checked in a few weeks as suggested by these postings.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 05:44:43 PM »
Seems that besides the WebShield block, something passed through... besides what you've sent to Chest, something get messed.
I suggest:

1. Clean your temporary files.
2. Schedule a boot time scanning with avast with archive scanning turned on. If avast does not detect it, you can try DrWeb CureIT! instead.
3. Use SUPERantispyware, MBAM or Spyware Terminator to scan for spywares and trojans. If any infection is detected, better and safer is send the file to Quarantine than to simple delete them.
4. Test your machine with anti-rootkit applications. I suggest avast! antirootkit or Trend Micro RootkitBuster.
5. Make a HijackThis log to post here or this analysis site. Or even submit the RunScanner log to to on-line analysis.
6. Disable System Restore and then reenable it again.
7. Immunize your system with SpywareBlaster.
8. Check if you have insecure applications with Secunia Software Inspector.
The best things in life are free.

roadhawk1

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 07:10:01 PM »
So far my pc is "stable" , right now. If I do scan again, and those same files come up as virus/rootkits then they are legit threats right.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2009, 07:52:45 PM »
So far my pc is "stable" , right now. If I do scan again, and those same files come up as virus/rootkits then they are legit threats right.
No. There is no sure they're legit and false positive detected.
Please, post the file name and path or, better, submit them to www.virustotal.com and post back the link of the results table.

roadhawk1

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 02:46:00 PM »
No. There is no sure they're legit and false positive detected.
Please, post the file name and path or, better, submit them to www.virustotal.com and post back the link of the results table.

Tech. I tried to type the location where the files are at on the virus total but it kept saying  there on the site "0 bytes sent".

roadhawk1

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 02:47:27 PM »
A0010310.exe    ~(was detected as Win 32:Rootkit)
A0012298.dll ~
A0013298.dll~
A0013306.dll~
A0013308.exe (this was detected as Win32Fasec)
iefka.exe(Win 32 Fasec)
iehelper.dll(Win32 ROOTkit)

okay should I continue to chest them or what.  Btw, I havent downloaded all of this item is that because the cpu keeps spiking high.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 03:41:37 PM »
Tech. I tried to type the location where the files are at on the virus total but it kept saying  there on the site "0 bytes sent".
Copy them to another folder (like C:\Suspect) and add this folder (C:\Suspect) to avast exclusion lists.
Otherwise, file is block to be sent.

frusa1

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2009, 05:23:03 PM »
Seems that besides the WebShield block, something passed through... besides what you've sent to Chest, something get messed.
I suggest:

1. Clean your temporary files.
2. Schedule a boot time scanning with avast with archive scanning turned on. If avast does not detect it, you can try DrWeb CureIT! instead.
3. Use SUPERantispyware, MBAM or Spyware Terminator to scan for spywares and trojans. If any infection is detected, better and safer is send the file to Quarantine than to simple delete them.
4. Test your machine with anti-rootkit applications. I suggest avast! antirootkit or Trend Micro RootkitBuster.
5. Make a HijackThis log to post here or this analysis site. Or even submit the RunScanner log to to on-line analysis.
6. Disable System Restore and then reenable it again.
7. Immunize your system with SpywareBlaster.
8. Check if you have insecure applications with Secunia Software Inspector.

frusa1

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2009, 05:32:17 PM »
Tech:I have run the microsoft scan, no infections found.  The avast scan found no infection but could not scan C:\\windows\softwaredistribution\download\..........mpsigstub.exe.  DrWeb curit express scan and complete scan found no viruses.  Superantispyware listed only the cookies.  At this point can I assume I am ok or should I continue with your other steps.  Thanks.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2009, 08:30:46 PM »
Seems you're clean, the other steps will just update your computer. They won't harm ;)