Author Topic: viruses and not sure what to do.  (Read 11546 times)

sham1313

viruses and not sure what to do.
« on: July 19, 2009, 04:30:22 AM »
      some times it is hard for people to understand what I am trying to say when I am writing it then they do when talk. if you don't understand me let me know an I well re do it so it makes more sense. I  stated off in the general discussion an now i am pertty sure a lot of my trouble now has to do with these bugs. 

if you like to read any of what i have done up to this point you can go here.
 http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=46888.0

this is one of my last posts i wrote there earlier. 
HELP! DID BOOT SCAN Trojans SYSTEM FILE

File C:\program Files\Windows\Live\phto Gallery\WLXPHOTO Acquirewizerd.exe I type 8 to repair all got this
repair:Error 42060 the file was not repair then I click 5 for move to chest and got this  move to chest error 0cxooooo34 object named not found. then i did 3 for move and got this move error0oxcooooo9cstatus_Device_Data_Error
then i click esc and could not start to right before it was done and already going to desktop.

after that i did another a regular virus scan and found this.here it is the results Infected files: 4
Total files: 657879
Total folders: 13105
Total size: 47.7 GB

* Task stopped: Saturday, July 18, 2009 6:33:32 PM
* Run-time was 2 hour(s), 36 minute(s), 47 second(s)
what do I need to do now. i would be thankful for any help and if you cannot understand me let me know and i well try and make it so you can.  if you would like my last 1 or 2 virus scans or HJ let me know and I will send.
thanks Sharon sham1313

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
Re: viruses and not sure what to do.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 08:43:02 AM »
Did you copy and paste this file name or manually type it?
File C:\program Files\Windows\Live\phto Gallery\WLXPHOTO Acquirewizerd.exe
(Always copy and paste file names.)
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

Drew_NL

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 11:53:04 AM »
I just posted with the file name in the subject line.  I received the same message and am curious if it might be a false positive. 

sham1313

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 05:16:31 PM »
I well do better next time on the last reply that would be nice but i have had some pertt wierd things going on my computer if you like a short version i am pertty i can skim the top of the things that has been going on with the computer i can how ever send you the log of my advast scanner from last night that show the infection. i will go ahead and post that scan from last night so you can see and remember the one this morning came up clean the one you from the boot drive is what i copyed down from the black screen when it was doing the boot scan

that is some thing my comen sense should have told me but all I can right now is on the 17 that were bad I can fine in the manage and Quartine and I see 07-18-2009 and I can click on the + in front of the word    quaratine and it will pull up adware cookies and I click on the + in front of that and see C:Users\hamm\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\hamm@a1interclick{1.}.tex
and more like that just the tail end is different. i will do some searches on the computer to see if i can fine the logs then I will be back.

1st i will let you know I did anothe avast this morning and it was clean. I could get that scan and the one from that witch is show the infection. now i wll go see what I can fine.
thans Sharon sham1313

sham1313

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 06:07:03 PM »
i don't know how to delete these last few post just modify can some tell me how to delete this one and a cupple of othes. i cannot seem to be able to send the virus scan i will try again in a bit thanks Sharon
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 06:38:23 PM by sham1313 »

sham1313

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2009, 06:08:30 PM »
SORRY i am having trouble sending my log i did not mean to send the last post

sham1313

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2009, 06:17:20 PM »
thanks will start that here i am shuting down now in one of my post you can go to a url that has things that relates to this thanks Sharon not sure this will send

Only moderators can delete posts, you can only modify, so you can modify those posts and replace the text with Edit: Intentional Deletion.

Report to moderator    Logged

Core2Duo E8300/ 2GB Ram/ WinXP ProSP3/ Avast 4.8.1335 Home/ Outpost Firewall Pro 2009/ Firefox 3.5 NoScript/ MailWasher Pro 6.51/ SuperAntiSpyware Pro/ MalwareBytes AntiMalware/ WinPatrol/ HiJackThis /Drive Image 7.1 /OE6 /SnagIt 9.1 Image Capture

sham1313
avast! Evangelist

silent appear a fool, open mouth remove doubt

« Reply #8 on: Today at 05:11:16 PM »   Quote Modify

i can only do short messages going to shut down for awhile it has went dead again like in did before i came to this post hope to send the log in 15 or 30 or maybe longer then that
thanks Sharon
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 07:14:26 PM by sham1313 »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2009, 07:07:03 PM »
i don't know how to delete these last few post just modify can some tell me how to delete this one and a cupple of othes. i cannot seem to be able to send the virus scan i will try again in a bit thanks Sharon

Only moderators can delete posts, you can only modify, so you can modify those posts and replace the text with Edit: Intentional Deletion.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

sham1313

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2009, 07:11:16 PM »
i can only do short messages going to shut down for awhile it has went dead again like in did before i came to this post hope to send the log in 15 or 30 or maybe longer then that
thanks Sharon

sham1313

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2009, 08:21:58 PM »
I will try to send the avast log at the botton or i guess when you post it would be above

i guess this might just have to let this remain a mysteriey is less i have sent the right part that tell ya what might being going on. my husband says i just need to unstall opera  and leave at that i have never had this kind of trouble sending a log and on top of that a friend tried to few what i had posted there and got help and she cannot fine me there any where. i think i will check an see if i can fine me there i thank you for trying
Sharon
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 01:38:49 AM by sham1313 »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2009, 09:25:09 PM »
I really don't understand what it is you are trying to do ?

If you are trying to copy & paste the contents of the avast log, then that can go anywhere in the post that you want it.

If you want to 'attach' the .log file to a specific post and that isn't displayed directly, those who wish/need to view it would have to download/open it.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

sham1313

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2009, 09:36:08 PM »
I tried to do this with my husbans IE 7 and it said this the message exceed the maximu allowed length (100000 characters) I am trying to copy paste some of it on notepads it is very long i am not sure you need all or what but when i have to where i am not sending certain parts of it to you more then once and i am looking at the log trying to fine out if it might me two logs that i have made a mistake and copy pasted to logs together

the other trouble i was having is a total opera browser trouble and my better half says i  should try a different browser. thanks and i will try to figure how just to get that one log to you but i have to do it it parts of it at a time. thanks Sharon
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 11:59:22 PM by sham1313 »

sham1313

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2009, 12:20:08 AM »
The message exceeds the maximum allowed length (10000 characters).  I tried only copy so much of it to send and all I keep getting is this
The message exceeds the maximum allowed length (10000 characters).

if I cannot send you the log how can you help me.  so part of the trouble a big part of it is my opera browser is having real problem because it would not even till me the log was to big to send and it going dead on me again was some thing being put in front of the the fan where it can not keep the computer cool. i don't know all these stubid things are happen to me. my husban was on for over and hour and he had know trouble.
thanks Sharon

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2009, 12:29:31 AM »
Send it in two messages. Or send it as an attachment.
This is a forum software limitation, not a browser one.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

sham1313

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2009, 01:18:00 AM »
I don't know how to send and attcment here you will have to explane it. i know how on emails but what you click to serch for what you want to attach.
i think i am goofing again i should just start from the end and post after you tell me how may not be back till in the morning i checking mail and sounding off i wished i would have understood this sooner
Sharon

it is just one basic thing i am trying to do is copy paste the log that has the 4 infected

i am just going to try and send the very tiny bit of the end with this and we well see if it sends

to a post and click closed. my opera won't work at all right now and my husband things if i continu to try to send the copy of even part of the log just a plain copy paste of it that i will wreck ie7 just like i did my opera. he was on ebay for over and hour and nothing went wrong but when i came back and started by oping the log copy pasted it to likke right here and click post on my husband ie 7 says it is to big with it is all of it or part of it

C:\Users\hamm\Desktop\sham\VLCfree_8676windowsmedia.exe\resource.1400.pkg\YahooEula.txt [E] Archive is password protected. (42056)
Infected files: 4
Total files: 804799
Total folders: 24595
Total size: 69.8 GB

* Task stopped: Sunday, July 19, 2009 12:48:40 AM
* Run-time was 2 hour(s), 25 minute(s), 18 second(s)

« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 02:05:26 AM by sham1313 »