Author Topic: Avast Registry Cleaner  (Read 12622 times)

lsuedulive

Avast Registry Cleaner
« on: August 31, 2009, 10:22:49 PM »
Where is the DL for the A V A S T resittry cleaner?

Someone brought their PC over with some Avast 4.x links, stuff, etc in the REGISTRY.

Spy Bot has not been able to remove it.

Reinstalling Avast 4.x in the same folder failed.  Teh install tried to remove all previouls Avast links but according to the Install LOG it failed.

I would like to run the Avast Registry Cleaner that removed all pointers to Avast then restart and re-install Avast 4.x or Pro.

What would you do ?

Thank you from New Orleans

Mr.Agent

Re: Avast Registry Cleaner
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 10:32:40 PM »
If im not wrong is it this you wanna know ? http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_bart_cd.html

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 10:35:34 PM »
I would like to run the Avast Registry Cleaner that removed all pointers to Avast then restart and re-install Avast 4.x or Pro.
To do an installation from the scratch you need:

1. Download the latest version of avast! Uninstall Utility and save it.
2. Download the latest avast! version and save it.
3. Uninstall avast from Control Panel (if possible). If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after that.
4. Run the avast! Uninstall Utility saved on 1. If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after you've run it.
5. Install avast! using the setup saved on 2. It will be good to accept the boot time scanning. Boot.
6. Check and post the results.
The best things in life are free.

Mr.Agent

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 10:38:03 PM »
Thank Tech i tought he wanted to know where is the registry cleaner of Avast! sorry my mistake. :-[