Author Topic: Avast scanning report  (Read 2251 times)

crow

Avast scanning report
« on: September 30, 2009, 08:50:39 AM »
Hi

I`m having this scanning Avast reprts attached messages and it is unable to open as it is password protected/ What should I do?

Thanks
Remark: The files belong to an audio/video player
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 08:53:20 AM by crow »

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: Avast scanning report
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 08:52:56 AM »
don't worry. close the window.

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 08:53:52 AM »
It's OK, sometimes it happens with some files, you can ignore these two or add to exceptions.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 03:26:04 PM »
I`m having this scanning Avast reprts attached messages and it is unable to open as it is password protected/ What should I do?

Remark: The files belong to an audio/video player

1. as has been said, do nothing.
Files that can't be scanned are just that, not an indication they are suspicious/infected, just unable to be scanned.

Many programs (usually security based ones) password protect their files for legitimate reasons such as AdAware and Spybot Search & Destroy, there are others (and avast doesn't know the password or have any way of using it even if it did know it).

When you run scans with the above programs and you delete harmful entries that they detect, a copy is kept (in quarantine/restore/backup) in case you need to reverse what you did. These are usually password protected, you should do some housekeeping and delete old backup/recovery/quarantine entries (older than two weeks or so), this will reduce the numbers of files that can't be scanned.

By examining 1) the reason given by avast! for not being able to scan the files, 2) the location of the files, you can get an idea of what program they relate to.

2. you might check out the avast forums search function as this question is very commonly asked. There is a wealth of information on the forums.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security