Consumer Products > Avast Free Antivirus / Premium Security (legacy Pro Antivirus, Internet Security, Premier)

Outlook Express won't work w Avast & instructions aren't working either

<< < (2/4) > >>

caledoniannorm:
To quote >>>"there is a collision with another program" <<<

That might be the problem.
You say you are a user new to Avast.....what anti-virus program did you have prior to Avast, and have you uninstalled that propram fully and cleanly ?

Sesame:

--- Quote from: jo24 on October 11, 2009, 07:35:22 AM ---processes:ccSvcHst.exe

--- End quote ---
Do you happen to have had Norton on your machine?  Or even worse, do you have it on your machine at the moment?  I'm asking this since you seem to have its remaining.

You may be having a conflict issue.  Download Norton Removal Tool.  You may need to reinstall Avast!, though.

YoKenny:
@jo24

You can not use Secure(SSL) connection in avast! v4 but will be available in avast! V5.

Stunnel is needed if you want to connect this way:
http://www.stunnel.org

avast! resident protection prevents email infections so I do not use the Secure(SSL) connection that my ISP provides for my email.

Sesame:

--- Quote from: YoKenny on October 11, 2009, 11:18:23 AM ---@jo24

You can not use Secure(SSL) connection in avast! v4 but will be available in avast! V5.

Stunnel is needed if you want to connect this way:
http://www.stunnel.org

avast! resident protection prevents email infections so I do not use the Secure(SSL) connection that my ISP provides for my email.

--- End quote ---
But YoKenny, shouldn't jo24 be able to send messages even if they remain unchecked by Internet Mail Provider?

YoKenny:
I could not and had to make sure that I used the Outlook Express ports recommended by my ISP.

Looking at the setup I now see that it is using SSL.

When my ISP changed this a wile back all of a sudden my email stopped working with the same failure as jo24 so I had to have my ISP walk me through the setup to get the email to work both sending and receiving.

As each ISP may have their own way they set this up I would have the ISP Help Desk provide support for correct setup.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version