Author Topic: Avast 4.8 says my original drivers are virus's  (Read 3395 times)

Offline Keithuk

• http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/
Avast 4.8 says my original drivers are virus's
« on: October 12, 2009, 01:57:14 PM »
Hi guys.

For the past week or so I've done a few formats and rebuilds because of virus's. The first thing is I have to setup is my Gigabyte motherboard add-ons Ethernet, SM Bus and Realtek sound drivers before I can web connect. As Realtek is installing Avast keeps on saying a virus present. Now this is the original Gigabyte CD that came with the computer. I know there is a link on this virus report that can tell Avast this should be a good app because the source it comes from. The next time I update the database it should sent this report but it still traps the same file Alcmtr.exe and Soundman.exe. I've downloaded a lot of newer drivers from Gigabyte and they are showing virus's as well.

I also use PowerDVD 6.0 which I download from FileHippo and it always picks up on PowerDVD.exe as a virus. Now I've used Realtek and PowerDVD for some time and its never picked up on these before.

I also use ActiveX Manager 1.4 which I've used for years and it keeps on saying thats a virus and I keep sending a good file report but nothing happens.

Is that because something as been added to the database to catch these file? If you click on Ignore/Continue Avast does something to the exe so it can't be used so I just Stop the scan.

This is very annoying as I install all the software I need to use before I install Avast else nothing will get installed. Now there is nothing else installed only these drivers and I haven't been on the web so nothing else has crept in. It also picks up on reader_s.exe which shows as a Mircosoft app and servises.exe but a web search shows a lot of virus related stuff on these.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.  ;)

Keith.
Windows XP SP3 (Desktop)
Windows 7 32bit good (Laptop) fooked won't charge
DELL Inspiron Windows 10 x64 SHIT Laptop the worst fooking laptop design ever made
Avast FREE SHIT

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avast 4.8 says my original drivers are virus's
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 03:00:10 PM »
Ways to report false positves are:
1) Follow the link "Report as false positive..." from "avast! Warning" window.
2) Send e-mail to virus@avast.com with "False positive" in subject and password protected attachement (to e-mail body write which password was used and link to this forum topic).
3) Provide here link to download the program which we identified as virus.
The best things in life are free.

Offline Keithuk

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 10:47:46 AM »
Updated here:)
Windows XP SP3 (Desktop)
DELL Inspiron Windows 10 x64 SHIT Laptop the worst fooking laptop design ever made
Avast FREE SHIT

Offline Keithuk

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 05:12:13 PM »
Lastest update here  :)
Windows XP SP3 (Desktop)
Avast FREE SHIT