Author Topic: Moved File That Was Not Virus to Moved File-How Do I Put It Back Where It Came?  (Read 1976 times)

popeye123

Newbie here. Did a thorough scan from a large HD. There were 780 files that said was locked and unable to scan. I marked one to move and did not rename it. I see it in file. How do I get it back to where it was in my computer. It was never marked as a virus.
Answer appreciated, thanks.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 03:21:35 AM by popeye123 »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Move where ?

If you used Move to Chest, then Open the Chest, Infected Files section, right click on the file name and select Restore. Confirm that it is back in the original location and if so, then you can delete the copy in the Chest.

If you used the Move/Rename option, then it should retain the same file name, example.exe but with .vir tagged to the end of the file name, e.g. example.exe.vir.

You would need to correct the file type and copy it back to its original location.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security