Author Topic: AVAST thinks that Nexus.exe and spybot dll contain Win32:Delf-MZG trojan  (Read 37410 times)

paddyc

Just loaded latest version of AVAST and it is suddenly telling me that a whole bunch of stuff contains the above Trojan.

Nexus is software that I have from a reliable financial institution and has been on my system for ages. There should be no problems with a spybot dll.

Looks like the latest software needs to be sorted out pronto.

Anyone else getting this type of message?

Frasier

Re: AVAST thinks that Nexus.exe and spybot dll contain Win32:Delf-MZG trojan
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 02:12:14 AM »

cadremis

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 02:19:00 AM »
Same situation with me in my 2 computers, everything is a virus, my memory is infected and everything in my computer is going to quarentine.... what do we do....

arggem

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 02:26:09 AM »
Ditto. With Spybot, Skype and Copernic desktop search.

Paul1149

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 02:26:56 AM »
Suddenly I'm having the same problem. A dynamic IP updater, my hotkeyz shortcut utility, taskbarshuffle.... all supposedly are infected. I guess it's possible that this occurred, but it's doubtful. I think I'm going to do an online scan with another anti-virus to compare.

lee5768

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 02:40:05 AM »
same here even flags spybot as Win32:Delf-MZG before its even downloaded

also today done my laptop with a fresh install that's flagging Win32:Delf-MZG too

flagging everything up as it on my proper rig i had to remove avast in the end

this is the slowest forum i have ever been on too...... nightmare lol

Frasier

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 02:49:08 AM »
It is slow, because quite a lot of people want to know what is going on. I wonder what Avat team is doing now. Hope that not sleeping... They should disable the last update, post the message on forum, as well as on the website etc. Heh, if you are still running Avast, try to download any exe file i.e. from here:
http://cdburnerxp.se/en/download - few alarms guaranteed.

jayembee

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2009, 03:01:31 AM »
Count me in, too. After installing update 091203-0 a little earlier, I am getting a warning "Win32:Delf-MZG [Trj]" triggered by advcheck.dll and when attepting to launch Spybot. I sent a false positive report. Would be a nice feature if Avast then disengaged after I sent that report so that I could run Spybot and update, but no. Very irritating.   >:(

It took almost an hour to post this. The forum kept timing out. Pfft!

OS - Win98SE
Spybot - 1.6.5.2

lee5768

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2009, 03:16:03 AM »
well 2 things are quite obvious

firstly
avast needs to be more careful with its updates and peoples data. I have no doubt their are lots of people who have selected delete
this file from my system and have now got non working programs or errors in the OS due to missing files
I myself sent a few items to the vault and have had to remove avast due to the amount of flags I was getting
until I worked out this isn't right to many items are infected

secondly
is really needs to improve its forums...when something goes wrong they can't take the load

Fred S

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2009, 03:22:38 AM »
You can add WinSecrets.exe and Glary Utilities to the ....MZG trojan alers!

Does anyone know what is going on??

geerja

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2009, 03:46:44 AM »
Add TugZip, PrimoPDF and Skype to the "infected list as well".

Good thing I did some research and landed here, before taking drastic measures!

I got two Avast database updates today, which I found a bit strange. Never seen that happen before.

I have scheduled a boot time scan. I can't wait to see what's going to happen...  ;D
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 03:51:00 AM by geerja »

blinka

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2009, 03:55:09 AM »
Avast has today reported my screensaver which is virus free and a .scr file as a virus, i thought it was weird, so i clicked on the button for avast to not do anything and it blocked my screensaver...
And like half an hour avast detected a new virus, it was the KMplayer, which is not a virus, it's just a .mpg, .avi, player... it's just a movie player! and the weirdest thing is that i've had it since i got the computer and today avast decided it was a virus so it blocked it, i unninstalled it then and installed it again, but guess what avast kept on saying it was a virus... and instead of clicking on "dont do anything" i simply closed the alert window, but it still got blocked and now i can't seem to install it again....
I'm from Argentina, so i guess this is a worldwide thing...
Hope they fix it soon, as for now i've deactivated avast...

Phr3d

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2009, 04:25:15 AM »
well everyone following security has heard/anticipated that avast was gonna get hit hard due to their popularity, guess it's time.

add anyDVD to the instant virus, cannot be loaded-thank gawd I decided to look around before I killed a program that I have used for six months (more, actually) due to my anti-virus software becoming a virus.  The backlash from this will be superlative-word-of-your-choice, I'll try catastrophic.  Mom & Dad are just gonna vault everything that comes up suddenly virus, pity them their next reboot, no spybot/teatimer, THAT is for certain.

Bitdefender has a nice special price that I was already debating since avast missed malware and led me to bleeping computer to fix it (bitdefender on-line scan is the final check).  Sorry, I wanna be faithful and all, but if my kids had destroyed all of our computers following avast's recommended action I'd be in deep drek.

I'm thinking corporate espionage or a bigger problem than we are all aware of yet - there is just no simple explanation of an error of this magnitude.

regardless, it is a truly sad day at our house.

Paul1149

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2009, 05:14:09 AM »
It's official. Trend, after a 2.5 hr scan, detected none of these problems. Methinks they're false positives.

Blessings,
Paul

Offline -Genesis-

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2009, 05:46:12 AM »
Me here too!!!

My Internet Cafe client got this message Win32:Delf-MZG!!!!

Ive been using avast with Internet Cafe client for 5 months but never ever got a viruses popping-up.
But today all my computer getting this Win32:Delf-MZG!!!!..

I have no choice but to un-install because no one can use our Internet Cafe.
Windows 11 Pro / Windows Defender/
Ryzen 5 1600/ Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Xtreme/ Gskill Trident Z RGB 3000/ Samsung Evo 250GB/ Western Digital Black 1 TB