Author Topic: THERE IS NO VIRUS; FALSE ALARM! – Huge bug - Please read this  (Read 5553 times)

Mase444

THERE IS NO VIRUS; FALSE ALARM! – Huge bug - Please read this
« on: December 03, 2009, 02:48:40 AM »
Dear Avast programmers,

I hope by now you have realized that your latest Database-Update caused countless false Alarms. I know it sounds like it’s no problem, because hopefully every user may soon realize that his entire computer is not a giant virus…

However I would like to point out a serious flaw in your Antivirus-Program:
Since it now detects a lot of programs as a virus/trojan it also begins to detect vital programs that an operating system depends on as a virus. After that of course it begins to block the detected program and denies access until the problem is resolved. This however results in a total breakdown of the operation system. I just experienced it myself and the

only solution to use the operating system is to restart in the “SAFE MODE” by pressing F8 before Windows starts and delete Avast in the Safe Mode for the time being... I recommend to uninstall Avast for now

I hope you realize what damage your Software can cause by a mistake of this magnitude…
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 04:52:53 AM by Mase444 »

Mase444

Re: THERE IS NO VIRUS; FALSE ALARM! – Huge bug in the Virus-Database tho…
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 02:57:48 AM »
By the way people:
The problem started as soon as I restarted my computer. It will probably happen to you, too. I recommend to uninstall AVAST as long as you can, until the problem is solved.

But be sure to reinstall it as soon as the problem is fixed ;)