Hello shornby and welcome to the forum.
You first need to open up your own thread so that we can help you. To do this please start a New Topic of your own as where you currently posted is not for giving advice or solving problems.
Go to this link, http://forum.avast.com/index.php
, scroll down to the Worms and Virus
forum and click it, click the New Topic
button at the top of the list and post there.
In addition, when making your first post, please type in information about your machine:
1. What is your OS, 32 or 64-bit?
2. What version of Avast did you install? 5.0.677?
3. What product of Avast did you install? Free, Pro, AIS?
4. What other security software do you currently
have or did you have in the past
on this machine including antivirus (AV), firewall (FW), and other security programs? If they were in the past, how did you remove them (the vendor's uninstaller's tool or another way)?
5. When was the last time you did any kind of scan in Avast, and if so what kind of scan was it? Full, Boot-time, Quick?
6. Is anything sitting in your Avast Virus Chest? If so, can you give us a screen shot? If not, please type in the exact wording of what is there. Do not delete anything in the Virus Chest.
Please read check the information on the first post of this thread under Virus/Worms for you to check your machine for malware: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0
Follow the directions of obtaining an MBAM
log (make sure you update
MBAM first) and the OTL
logs. Post the MBAM log here
(copy and paste[/u]) and the two (2) OTL log as an attachment
(Additional Options > Attach > Browse (the logs will be on your desktop > Post). We can then analyze this in the meantime for any malware, and if any malware is found we will refer you to one of our malware experts. Thank you.