Author Topic: Registration avast! Free Antivirus  (Read 24083 times)

AK-47

Registration avast! Free Antivirus
« on: January 30, 2010, 07:28:35 PM »
Help with the following problem. Registered avast! Free Antivirus on the page http://www.avast.com/registration-free-antivirus.php but the file with registration key, I never received.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Registration avast! Free Antivirus
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 07:36:50 PM »

AK-47

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 07:51:47 PM »
I watched the specified direction. But is the registration key must not be sent to the e-mail?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 08:02:28 PM »
you don`t need a key if you are online when registering.
Click the register button in the program / fill out the form with name and email / click register and done.....

The key is only if you need to register a computer that is not online
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 08:05:17 PM by Pondus »

AK-47

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 08:07:29 PM »
Pondus, avast registered through online registration, but still wanted to license key was the case of reinstalling antivirus.

BoerenkoolMetWorstEnJus

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 08:11:57 PM »
Then you can just register again, maybe same emailadress won't work but they don't send you email anyway, entering bullshit also works, for example if you only enter 123 as name and 123@123.com as email it works to :P

AK-47

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2010, 08:22:22 PM »
badly that at this time registration keys are not sent to the e-mail. As I understand it, if I reinstall the antivirus, you will need to register again?

mikhalek

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2010, 10:13:40 PM »
There are 2 options - you can register Avast from the program or from the Avast website. When I registered freshly installed Avast on my computer through the program - I did not receive notification on my mail... Then I repeated same procedure through website - and in 24 hours period I received mail with the key for 24 month.

BoerenkoolMetWorstEnJus

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2010, 11:18:30 PM »
I'm not sure if this also applies to the free version but after you are licensed/registered avast creates a license file. If you create a backup of the license file then you can put it back in it's original place after reinstall and it should work again. The file is called license.avastlic and its location depends on the OS. For Vista it's: C:\ProgramData\Alwil Software\Avast5

AK-47

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2010, 11:23:23 AM »
There are 2 options - you can register Avast from the program or from the Avast website. When I registered freshly installed Avast on my computer through the program - I did not receive notification on my mail... Then I repeated same procedure through website - and in 24 hours period I received mail with the key for 24 month.
Only that once again registered the avast! Free Antivirus at http://www.avast.com/registration-free-antivirus.php. I will wait for a letter with the license key. I would hope that I will send it within the promised 24 hours.
Do not have time to finish writing this post as I received a letter with the license key. The license key was sent to me within 5 minutes after registration.
Thank Alwil!

AK-47

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2010, 11:31:03 AM »
I'm not sure if this also applies to the free version but after you are licensed/registered avast creates a license file. If you create a backup of the license file then you can put it back in it's original place after reinstall and it should work again. The file is called license.avastlic and its location depends on the OS. For Vista it's: C:\ProgramData\Alwil Software\Avast5
avast! Free Antivirus does not create a license file license.avastlic at C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5. Perhaps the license file is created only in avast! Pro Antivirus and avast! Internet Security.

Hermite15

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2010, 11:36:12 AM »
what version of Avast free are you using ?

AK-47

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2010, 11:41:15 AM »
I use avast! Free Antivirus 5.0.396

Hermite15

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2010, 11:45:59 AM »
I use avast! Free Antivirus 5.0.396

so don't bother at all with the online registration page, just fill up the form in the UI to registrer, and you'll be instantly registered. No need to back up any key (I don't even think there is one, but just an entry in the registry or a file to keep the record, can't check now, I'm on AIS), this is just done for statistic purposes in the free version and you'll be able to register in the same way again and again (in case you'd have to reinstall). I've never used this online registration page when I was running the free, but they might send a code similar to V4, not sure...don't bother with that  ;) (One thing is sure, you can't use a V4 code, but there's also a way, a button, to enter such a code in V5 free, as opposed to pointing to a license file like for "pro" or "IS".)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 11:53:51 AM by Logos »

AK-47

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2010, 11:56:12 AM »
so don't bother at all with the online registration page, just fill up the form in the UI to registrer, and you'll be instantly registered. No need to back up any key, this is just done for statistic purposes in the free version and you'll be able to register in the same way again and again (in case you'd have to reinstall).
I have already registered avast! Free Antivirus. Thank you, Logos, for your attention to my question. Letter to the license key is, as it validated the use of anti-virus, if you are using avast! Free Antivirus, in accordance with the terms of the license agreement, that is for home use.