Author Topic: MBAM  (Read 10537 times)

gdiloren

Re: MBAM
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2010, 11:20:39 PM »
It's the extension "LINK EXTENT 1.0.7" that tries to connect to malicious russian sites. I'm uninstalling it. Can somebody (FANS of MBAM :)) kindly report this solution in their web forum as nobody knows there! (No problem with IE8 or Google Chrome Beta latest version here) :P
Thanks
P.S.: Thanks to Micky77 for the info, I saved 10 bucks, good software but good God I never catched anything with it while ON DEMAND. Anyways, I take this forum advises when they are good. ;)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 11:22:57 PM by gdiloren »

gdiloren

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2010, 02:33:53 AM »
I don't know, lots of  ??? FP with the IP PROTECTION FEATURE or am I infected (and MBAM doesn't detect it) or did I allow something with my COMODO FW I shouldn't. No, I really think the feature gives too much FALSE POSITIVES but I don't want to put it OFF. :(

YoKenny

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2010, 03:06:40 AM »
@ gdiloren

Read:
IP Blocking False Positives
http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=20806
http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=20772&view=findpost&p=106521

Why don't you report "LINK EXTENT 1.0.7" as a False Positive?
If there is no problem with IE8 nor Chrome then it must be the Firefox extension?

gdiloren

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2010, 03:33:29 AM »
I reported the thing in the FP section (forgot I was already a member of their forum). But as they say it may well be that in connecting in one web site Link extend has links that are say "malicious". ::)

YoKenny

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2010, 03:46:35 AM »
@ gdiloren

You will get a response from MysteryFCM or one of the other Experts over there soon.

YoKenny

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2010, 11:25:20 AM »
Interesting avast! blog entry regarding malware using Firefox
Is George Clooney getting an Oscar this year?
February 10th, 2010 Jindřich Kubec
Honestly, I don’t know, but according to my tastes he shouldn’t get it for his latest movie, it was a bit boring. I was commenting on it to a colleague, and because it’s late night here I wasn’t able to remember the movie name; I just remembered that George Clooney was nominated for leading actor Oscar for this movie. So I simply put “clooney oscar” in my Firefox address bar, which is the simplest way to get the search results for Google. But I wasn’t exactly “Feeling lucky” about the result I got. 
http://blog.avast.com/2010/02/10/is-george-clooney-getting-oscar-this-year/#more-846

In IE I did not get the infection notice so using Firefox must get hijacked somehow? 

gdiloren

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2010, 04:49:37 AM »
Interesting, but having uninstalled Link Extend I have no more IP blocked with FF while surfing except that while doing nothing on my desktop some malicious Ips are still being blocked by MBAM feature and I'm confused (not amused) into thinking I'm certainly infected but no AV or AS installed can detect the malicious file nor my COMODO FW with DEFENSE +, nor my Linksys router with WAN protection so it gets me a little bit nervous. It's like having pimples since many years in an isolated island without mirrors and seing you there for the first time!!! I thougth Network Shield and Web Shiel in Avast would do the job but I more than ever think you're bound to be hijacked if you use internet. Point. Just let's try to control it! >:(
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 05:04:45 AM by gdiloren »

YoKenny

« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 09:26:02 PM by YoKenny »

gdiloren

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2010, 03:55:07 AM »
Just wanted to say I turned my PC upside down just to find the bad TCP were due to SPYWARE TERMINATOR. Probably false positive or worst true detections of IP blocks all over the world in places as remote as deep side India...just because of Crawler Spyware Terminator. Do I need this??? 8)

YoKenny

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2010, 04:57:08 AM »
@ gdiloren

Read:
About Crawler, LLC
http://www.spywareterminator.com/about-us/about-us.aspx

Safe Internet Browsing and Search
Web Security Guard is one of many useful Crawler Toolbar’s features that displays website reviews and threat level to help prevent users from entering potentially dangerous websites.
http://www.spywareterminator.com/download/download.aspx

gdiloren

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2010, 03:34:16 AM »
It may sound completely stupid. But, now that I removed completely ST from this computer (by the way, it never catched anything but FP), I have no more (0) IP blocks at all by MBAM with real access protection ON. Marketing is one thing, facts are others. I also had 6000 lines of IP blocks by STupdate.exe by COMODO FW when it was running on this computer. Looks like the antispyware was spying on me!!! :o

Offline Shiw Liang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2010, 05:18:59 PM »
Sorry guys I've wrongly typed my sentence :(
I wanted to say that MBAM pro cause a slow speed with a weak processor but its shield protection is doing great but SAS pro shield never did a job inside my protection :(